If our friends from IRAN build a nuke will they use it?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by The Father, Jan 7, 2020.

1. HarlDane

HarlDane

Nuking Israel destroys the narrative they have been crafting for decades that has been lapped up by the international community. The Israelis would instantly go from being seen as the aggressor to being seen as the victim.

mike from st pe likes this.
  2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

3. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

The intercontinental groin-kick! :p

4. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Yeah the 50 that survived would.

5. MtnBiker

MtnBiker NRA Member Millennium Member

LOL
    In response to American conservatives, it's true. She'll probably try to appear tough and rule with an iron fist.

In response to foreigners, she'll have nothing but acceptance and apologies.

6. Gundude

Gundude

They are politicians. They will say whatever they need to say to hold onto power but they will never do anything that would jeopardize that power.

jeanderson and HarlDane like this.
  7. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

I used to think so. But, the neutered response they just had to the strike that killed their general makes me think they're just saber rattling.

Granted, there are probably lots of different schools of thought in the Iranian leadership squad, maybe some are more willing to set one off and risk the destruction of their country. I could see it going either way.

8. Tomcat1977

I don't know why people think that response was so "neutered"? They simply lack the ability to target more efficiently. Firing more then a dozen of theater ballistic weapons, the most accurate they have, is not "neutered". It was pure luck we didn't lose anyone. Now if they could shoot a missile up a gnats arse from 900 miles away do you think they would have?

Even if the answer is "no" this isn't the last go around we'll have with this bunch. the truth is we have them out gunned and they have always preferred attacking thru their stooges then direct attacks.

9. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

If they wanted to do more and lacked the accuracy needed, they'd just fire more missiles. They didn't empty their arsenal.

It's like when a bigger kid wants to beat you up and you stand behind something and yell back to save face. You don't want any part of that, but you don't want to look like you didn't fight back. I'm sure they're using the firing of those missiles as propaganda to let their people know that they fought back (and will likely say that they killed Americans).

They're realizing now that a red line is a red line, and trying to figure out what to do about it.

10. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

11. DirectDrive

DirectDrive

I don't think that the Israelis would let them develop a nuke.
    We do our "sanctions" and all that crap.
    And the Israelis watch.
    Then when they think something needs to get smoked, they go smoke it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    larry_minn and jeanderson like this.
  12. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Israel will handle any nuke problem in Iran.'08.

lazarus66 and jeanderson like this.
  13. Tomcat1977

Well of course they didn't "fire more missiles" because they figured we'd clobber them. Even if we didn't their economy couldn't stand much more pariah status. I'd still not under rate a bakers Dozen ballistic missiles being fired and their idea of a red line is probably a lot different then ours.

Still, it was a good thing whacking that general. We took out a terrorist AND got the Liberals all upset because it wasn't Hillary or Obama touching off those Hellfire's.

14. JMS

JMS 02

The Iranians (not government) are actually more like us than some of our allies like SA. The best thing we can do now is help support the revolution over there. In the meantime Israel has their own people keeping tabs on the nuclear program as well as friends within Iran feeding them information to make sure it never gets to that point. Key people will meet untimely deaths in the near future. Nobody will take credit for their deaths.

Iran might as well save the time and just bomb themselves if it ever crossed their minds to bomb Israel. Israel would never be the first to push the button but I guarantee Iran would be uninhabitable for a very long time.

jeanderson likes this.
  15. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

You just made my point. That's what I consider a neutered response, not giving us all that they had, more of a symbolic, "Look, we fought back" than anything else. They knew if they did more that our response would be devastating. Just my $.02.

I agree with your second point. I'm for strong lines in the sand. You do this, we start killing your people. It's pretty simple, don't kill others and we won't kill you.

16. DrewBone

DrewBone

The government of Iran is fueled by the (Shia Islamic) belief that they are the chosen people and all others who do not capitulate/convert must be destroyed, so sayith Allah and Muhammad; this strong faith makes them believe that they are invincible and will no doubt and without fear use a nuke once they have one - on Israel, which I believe will lead to the annihilation of Iran and will turn a good portion of the Middle East into a nuclear hot zone that lasts for 20,000 years or more.

Israel put an end to Iran's nuclear hopes once before and I'm sure they will again given the opportunity; they have to - for their own survival.

17. scattershot

scattershot

All it would take is one crazy with access to the button. Since they are all nutty as squirrel ****, it could happen pretty easily.

18. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

I certainly do hope that should Iran, or North Korea for that matter, acquire a working nuclear bomb that they use it. Please DO IT!

19. Tomcat1977

Dont forget my point that Iran knows its best option is to use its 3'rd party stooges to attack our people. It doesn't necessarily have to fire missiles. And shooting those missiles wasn't no little thing, they could have easily killed or wounded our guys.

They have already killed thousands with their stooges using road side bombs. That sounds a lot safer then getting in a missile match with a super power that can stick one of your butt from 900 nm away.

See these. These are Iran's two biggest refinery's, "refined products are where they make their real money", one is at Bandar Abbas at the mouth of the Gulf and one, Abadan, is at the other end by Iraq and its one of the worlds largest. Theres also their major Naval base at Bandar Abbas. We could easily shut down all three and starve them. So their "neutered response" is more their "smarter response" and they'd be better off going thru their stooges, which they will. Had we lost any of our guys these targets might have been hit.
    Bandar [​IMG]
    Abadan [​IMG]

jcm3 likes this.
  20. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

Are you referring to STUXNET?