If our friends from IRAN build a nuke will they use it?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by The Father, Jan 7, 2020.

1. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

If they get a nuke, and they will, unless we put a stop to it, they will nuke Israel. Or try to. If they fail, Israel may nuke them. More likely, Israel and the US (and perhaps Britain) will simply destroy their military and energy generation/transmission facilities with conventional weapons, then tell the rest of the world "we told you so" and "do what you want with them." Except, giving them weapons. Which we will just destroy, again.

jr24 likes this.
  2. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

I think they might actually use it in the gulf to block all shipping. Easy Delievery, on a PT boat near the US fleet.
    But then we would carpet bomb Tehran, and hit all their research facilities with bunker busters, eradicate their air force, sink their Navy, kill their Army!

3. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

It is possible. They do not care about the US and we do not buy anything from them, so they do not care about destroying a lucrative market. That is unlike the Chinese, for example. On the other hand, Pakistan already has nukes and they have not used it. This issue with using a nuke is that it has a return address for what it is worth. It would be suicide for Iran if they were that stupid. Same with NK, etc. My personal feeling is that I am OK with preemptively sending an Islamic country to meet their maker or virgins or whatever they think they want from being a martyr.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    FullClip likes this.
  4. kyjd75

kyjd75

Yes, but only once, as shortly thereafter Iran will no longer exist.

5. HarlDane

HarlDane

When was the last time you saw any of the terrorist leadership strap on a suicide vest? Those in power know exactly what would happen if they launched a nuke.

They want nukes to keep them from being overthrown by a US backed coup/uprising. Same with North Korea. It's to keep them from getting Gaddafied.

serve_and_protect likes this.
  6. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

The truth is, Israel CAN'T allow Iran to get the bomb. I'd go as far to say that a great deal of the MOSSAD's resources are deployed just to make sure this does not happen. I'm sure that Israel has been quietly killing any number of scientists to slow down the development of a Iranian bomb.

Before Iran had a working bomb, Israel would bomb any facility/building/apartment complex to kill those who had the knowledge necessary to make one. Point being, Israel will attack Iran BEFORE they get to the point of having a working bomb.

7. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

This guy gets it.

8. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

This guy also gets it.

9. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Several years ago, Iranian military documents were discovered that described in great detail an EMP attack against the U.S. A missile launched from a ship off the East Coast, detonated at high altitude over the east coast states would likely take out the power grid for half the country, or more.

There's a lot of different opinions on the extent of the damage caused by an EMP attack. It depends greatly on the weapon's yield and altitude of detonation, as well as latitude (effect is greater at high latitudes where magnetic field is stronger). But worst case, we lose a lot of high voltage transformers that would take years to replace, as well as telecommunications and computer equipment. We're back to the 1800s in a flash.

EMP is not science fiction. Google "starfish prime".

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    larry_minn and Bomber Nav like this.
  10. The Father

The Father

Damn, I thought this would generate more interest.
    OK, let us do this.

What color of a dress should Hannie wear if Iran nukes somebody?

Should be up to 16 pages in no time now.

drumgod, pgg00, Joshhtn and 1 other person like this.
  11. lazarus66

lazarus66

Pakistan has had them for years to keep the Indians at bay. Eventually other big players in that area will have them too.

12. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Maybe if Iran posts a picture of the bomb resting on immaculate grey carpet it would generate more hits?? Until it's on immaculate grey carpet it's just a crappy bomb and may have MIM parts and not nearly as collectable as the Little Boy or Fat Boy which were built by hand with old fashioned craftsmanship.

13. Deltic

Deltic

I think an airplane from south America would be more likely. It could get over the city center and blow the bomb at just the right altitude.

larry_minn likes this.
  14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I'm fine with going back to the 1800's. In fact, I'd prefer it. I have absolutely zero fear of an EMP.

FullClip likes this.
  15. rayzer007

rayzer007

Sure they would use it - that's why they are busy building it.

16. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

A real EMP would put a serious hurting in my post count here on GT. THAT would be a real bummer for me.

17. rogn

rogn real dogs

Dont forget that even if these fanatics dont have a real nuclear bomb, they do have a lot of radioactive material. They could probably construct a conventional bomb wrapped in radioactive"stuff". And do we have a leaky border, do we? This could render a sizeable piece of functional reale estate unusable for centuries. Would that generate a full fledged retaliatory strike?

An EMP strike would be far more difficult to achieve but more debilitating. Read the novel "One Second After" for the possible ramifications.

Bomber Nav likes this.
  18. rayzer007

rayzer007

They just fired some missiles at our bases in Iraq so I think they will lose their potential nuclear capabilities for the foreseeable future in a few minutes.

Deltic likes this.
  19. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

https://missilethreat.csis.org/country/iran/

20. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Surprise, surprise, surprise....
    [​IMG]