Glock Talk banner

How many of the same model(s) of firearms have you ever bought or owned, if more than one of each?

• No more than 1 of any model.

Votes: 13 8.6%

Votes: 37 24.3%

Votes: 27 17.8%

Votes: 26 17.1%

Votes: 16 10.5%

Votes: 7 4.6%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 5 3.3%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 11 or more

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • 0; I've never owned any firearm.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I prefer not to say.

Votes: 1 0.7%

If more than one, how many of the same firearm model(s) have you ever bought or owned?

3K views 101 replies 84 participants last post by  G30 Medic 
#1 ·
Repeats of the same model even if you didn't have them all at the same time. For any reason, except as a retailer or business. Personally bought or owned at any time even if you trade often or make private sales where allowed.

Votes will be anonymous in case you don't like to publicly share that info.

Another thread made me wonder. Someone said they'd bought four Shield Pluses and I just bought my sixth, for a gift to a relative when she gets her carry permit this week. I recall that some of you have mentioned you've had multiples of some Glock models or ARs. And some have said they've bought replacements for guns they had in the past but lost or let go, maybe more than once.

Needs to be the same model in the same caliber, but can be different generations. Different barrel lengths, sight systems, colors, etc. are okay if it's otherwise the same model. No need to split hairs that much. Use your own judgment for any other variations.

It doesn't matter whether you had all of them at the same time or not. The reason you had them doesn't matter, nor where you got them or what you did with any of them.

Share any details that you'd like to share, of course.

For instance, I bought the Shield Pluses at different times for gifts (perfectly legal where I live as long as the recipient can legally own a firearm) and the first one for me. I still have that one and the newest one for now. I've never had more than three of them at any one time but in all I've bought six. I also bought a duplicate of my 642 revolver because there are two people I wanted to have one someday. And I've had two of the regular Shields. So I'll vote 6 for the Shield Pluses, and also vote 2 because of the two 642s and the two regular Shields I've had. I hope that makes sense.

I was first going to ask only about the greatest quantity, but decided to allow for multiple answers for those who have had more than one of several different models. No need to vote 1 unless you've never gotten more than one of any model.

I'm just curious about how common it is to have had more than one of the same model(s) of firearms over the years for whatever reason, or to buy the same model more than once.

See less See more
#33 ·
I have 2 G27’s. One born 1996, given to me as a Bday present in ‘97. The other one I picked up used a year and a half ago at my LGS. Wasn’t looking for one, but it was in great shape and I got a decent deal on it. That one was born in 2013. Never thought about having 2 identical guns but now that I do I like it. My gf and I each have a G43 but I don’t think that counts

#34 ·
I'll just say yes I have multiple duplicates and leave it at that. Because even I think it's a little crazy

#37 ·
If you can answer this question, you haven't owned enough guns.

I'm thinking - do all 1911s count as a single model? If not, do Springfield Range Officer's count as one model, even if they are in different calibers? Are a Browning Hi Power and a Hi Power MK III the same model? If so, how about a Springfield SA-35? How about AR's I've assembled myself?

I went with 11 or more, for the ARs. If it was a specific factory make and model, I'd go with 4 for Springfield Range Officers and Glock 17s.

#39 · (Edited)
Over the last 35 years or so I have owned:
32 different Glock 19s (Gen 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s)
10 different Glock 43s
4 Glock 42s
3 Glock 26s

I've only owned 1 Glock 17 and 1 Glock 37.

I've also owned multiple Springfield EMP 9mms, Walther PPS M1 and M2, HK P7M8, S&W J frames, S&W 686s, SIG (226s, 228s, 225,s and 230s), Shadow Systems MR918s, Benelli M1 Super 90s, and probably a few more over the years that I can't remember at this time.

I almost always buy a duplicate (or two) of my EDC gun.

Reactions: n2g
#40 ·
If I can count the duplicate ones that I replaced after being stolen I would say 4. A Remington Nylon 66, Ruger Security 6, AMT Hardballer and a Ruger 22/45. I forgot the Hi Point carbine in 45ACP that I got a duplicate of just because it was such a great deal making a total of 5.

#45 ·
I don’t do duplicates.

The only thing close to dupilicates is me collecting model 10 derivatives. I have 2”, 3”, 4”, round butt, square butt, SS, blues, fixed sight, adjustable sight, heavy barrel, tapered barrel etc….

They are all different variations of the same basic gun, but all unique also.

I guess the other exception is 870 shotguns. I have several but all are setup differently. Bird hunting/clays, Home Defense, patrol shotgun, slug gun for deer hunting

#51 ·
There was a time when I had a few full size government model 1911s. It's was kind of getting stupid, especially with smaller ones too.

Reactions: n2g
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.