Glock Talk banner

How many of the same model(s) of firearms have you ever bought or owned, if more than one of each?

• No more than 1 of any model.

Votes: 13 8.6%

Votes: 37 24.3%

Votes: 27 17.8%

Votes: 26 17.1%

Votes: 16 10.5%

Votes: 7 4.6%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 5 3.3%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 11 or more

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • 0; I've never owned any firearm.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I prefer not to say.

Votes: 1 0.7%

If more than one, how many of the same firearm model(s) have you ever bought or owned?

2248 Views 101 Replies 84 Participants Last post by  G30 Medic
Repeats of the same model even if you didn't have them all at the same time. For any reason, except as a retailer or business. Personally bought or owned at any time even if you trade often or make private sales where allowed.

Votes will be anonymous in case you don't like to publicly share that info.

Another thread made me wonder. Someone said they'd bought four Shield Pluses and I just bought my sixth, for a gift to a relative when she gets her carry permit this week. I recall that some of you have mentioned you've had multiples of some Glock models or ARs. And some have said they've bought replacements for guns they had in the past but lost or let go, maybe more than once.

Needs to be the same model in the same caliber, but can be different generations. Different barrel lengths, sight systems, colors, etc. are okay if it's otherwise the same model. No need to split hairs that much. Use your own judgment for any other variations.

It doesn't matter whether you had all of them at the same time or not. The reason you had them doesn't matter, nor where you got them or what you did with any of them.

Share any details that you'd like to share, of course.

For instance, I bought the Shield Pluses at different times for gifts (perfectly legal where I live as long as the recipient can legally own a firearm) and the first one for me. I still have that one and the newest one for now. I've never had more than three of them at any one time but in all I've bought six. I also bought a duplicate of my 642 revolver because there are two people I wanted to have one someday. And I've had two of the regular Shields. So I'll vote 6 for the Shield Pluses, and also vote 2 because of the two 642s and the two regular Shields I've had. I hope that makes sense.

I was first going to ask only about the greatest quantity, but decided to allow for multiple answers for those who have had more than one of several different models. No need to vote 1 unless you've never gotten more than one of any model.

I'm just curious about how common it is to have had more than one of the same model(s) of firearms over the years for whatever reason, or to buy the same model more than once.
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

· Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,925 Posts
I’ve had many duplicates of handguns, rifles and shotguns in my collection over the years. The single most owned model probably goes to the Ruger MK pistol or AR15 if you count all the different variants I’ve owned.
I’d also very often have multiples of the guns kept on hand for guests to learn on, plink with.

· Registered
4,585 Posts
Lord, I don't even know, but it's been a few. I know I had a half dozen 10/22's at one time. All slightly different, but still the same. There were others, but you get the idea.

Reactions: n2g

· Registered
1,519 Posts
If one follows the car nomenclature where the Make is Ford and the Model is F150, then a Colt AR-15 and S&W AR-15 would be repeats of the same model (AR-15) so long as they're in the same caliber - as indicated by OP.

Remington 870, AR-15, AK-47, AK-74, Ruger Mk-ii, M1 Garand, K98 Mauser, M1 Carbine, 1911, Benelli M2, Remington 552, Savage 110, Polish P64, Tokarev, Makarov, cz452, Ruger 10/22

I've got to get rid of some stuff.

· Premium Member
17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 32, 34, 37, 43, 43X, 45
28 Posts
Glock: 17, 19, 23, 43, 45
Walther: PDP, PPQ, Steel Frame
Staccato: P, XC
AR 15: M&P 15, BCM RECCE
Beretta: 1301, 92FS
1911s
...and the list keeps going.

· Registered
7,501 Posts
Several. For various reasons. Some, like the OP, are with the thought of passing them on.

I have 4 Shields. My son already has one of them and my daughters can have one when they are ready. Going to buy another Shield during rebate. Debating which one.

3 M&P 9s. 2 full sized and a compact 4". Probably get a 3.6" as soon as I see one with the new trigger.

2 G22s though my son has one of them now.

4 various LCPs, though again, son has one.

Had 2 XD9s. Both sold.

Several ARs. But not sure they count. 2 in 9mm, 2 in 300 BO, 1 22lr, 4 in 223/556. One in 224 that is still in the box. Wait there is Colt AR at my Moms I forget about so that is at least 5 in 223.

4 Auto-5s. Not sure how that happened. All 12ga.

Was into milsurps for a while. 2 Garands, 2 M1 Carbines, 3 Lee Enfields, a few SKSs, MNs and Mausers. Have 3 kids. Should look for a 3rd Garand.

Passing some out now. More as I get older and the grandkids accumulate (I hope).

81 - 100 of 102 Posts