If Joe Biden Runs, I'm Voting For Him

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Burebista, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

How's that possible, Burebista, you may ask.
    Well, it's simple: because Joe "Plugs" Biden is the stealth conservative candidate hidden inside the Democrat Party.
    Don't believe me? Take a couple of minutes to read about his voting record:

"Will Joe Biden Have To Answer For His Long Record of Terrible Decisions?
    No.

AUGUST 25, 2015 By David Harsanyi
    Read the complete article here http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/25/will-joe-biden-have-to-answer-for-his-heresy-against-liberals/

Maybe he’s the one you’ve been waiting for?

So let’s for a moment imagine that Biden is a principled politician and wouldn’t say absolutely anything just to become president—this would bethe third time he’d be running for the position. And let’s, for a moment, concede that Biden, after his flirtation with Elizabeth Warren and hiring of new staff, is the sort of candidate that can knock off the front-runner. But then let’s suspend our disbelief and pretend the media will hold the new candidate responsible for his previous positions and votes at least as strictly as they hold Marco Rubio accountable for his wife’s parking tickets.

If they did, they would find that Joe Biden has had, in some sense, more consequential conservative votes on record than any candidate running for president from either party. Or a better way to put it: his greatest legacy is a lack of coherent philosophy and a ton of politically convenient grandstanding.

The one issue that has generated some attention is that Biden authored the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, which not only expanded the number of crimes subject to the federal death penalty, but also played a pivotal role in the explosion of incarcerations and the disproportionate criminal prosecution in poor black communities. Joe’s always been a tough-on-crime sort of guy, and as The New York Times pointed out recently

Despite reservations, Mr. Biden, who has served as the Obama administration’s unofficial liaison to the law enforcement community, has not only stood by the 1994 legislation, but has also frequently taken credit for it. As recently as this spring, in an essay on community policing for a book of bipartisan reform proposals put together by the Brennan Center for Justice, Mr. Biden referred to the legislation as the “1994 Biden Crime Bill.”

In addition to the “1994 Biden Crime Bill,” the vice president was one of the biggest proponents of the War on Drugs, taking a leading role in creating federal mandatory minimum laws that have put scores of non-violent criminals in prison. The kind of policies President Obama, Elizabeth Warren, every progressive, and many others have claimed are destructive. Biden also helped create the Drug Czar, a government official that oversees all anti-drug operations. As Biden explained to Time back in 2008, “I am not only the guy who did the crime bill and the drug czar, but I’m also the guy who spent years when I was chairman of the Judiciary Committee and chairman trying to change drug policy relative to cocaine, for example, crack and powder.”

On the social front, Biden voted for the bigoted, anti-equality Defense of Marriage Act that has since been found unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Biden voted in favor the “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” policy which pushed members of the American gay community who wanted to fight for their nation deeper into the closet. Surely he will be asked to defend these votes by explaining how he evolved to his current position.

Biden has not only come out against federal funding for abortions, but also voted in favor of a 1999 bill to ban most partial-birth abortions, and in favor of the 2003 Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act. Surely if he supported a bill that protected post-viable babies, he must also support Republican efforts to protect viable babies and believe it’s wrong to harvest a baby’s body parts after she’s been born. I look forward to the Catholic Biden’s clarification."

Read the complete article here http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/25/will-joe-biden-have-to-answer-for-his-heresy-against-liberals/

...and he's a ladies' man too

[​IMG]

2. JFrame

JFrame

LASTRESORT20 likes this.

3. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

I really miss Rodney.

Rodney Dangerfield.

We're uptight. We need good entertainment, "Hello, I'm ....... It's Saturday Night LIVE !"

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  4. Hartford

Hartford

He maybe a social conservative, but that record you quoted sounds like anything but a fiscal conservative. We have enough social conservatives running already. And then there is the information from jframe.

No. Just say no to biden.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  5. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

Relax dude.
    I'm a Tea Party right wing extremist redneck.

6. Hartford

Hartford

I thought so from reading your past posts. My sarcasm meter needs adjusting I guess.

ETA: I missed the ladies man comment. That would have done it. Although he does appear to have a way with some women, and at least one biker dude.

Burebista likes this.
  7. JFrame

JFrame

And here, I had you pegged all along as a progressive Marxist eco-Nazi!

;):D

Burebista likes this.
  8. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

I Like Trump!...ALSO:grill:

9:44 a.m. ET
    "Trump crushes the rest of the GOP field in new nationwide poll"

"Donald Trump's lead in the race for the GOP presidential nomination just reached an all-time high in a new national poll conducted by Gravis Marketing.

The survey,released Tuesday by One American News Network, shows Trump leading the Republican field with a whopping 40 percent, up from 31 percent in Gravis' July poll.

Ben Carson, who placed second in the new poll, had just 13 percent — 27 points behind Trump. Jeb Bush came in third at 10 percent, followed by Ted Cruz at 7 percent, and John Kasich, Carly Fiorina, and Marco Rubio at 5 percent each.
    This poll was conducted on August 21 and 22 among 3,567 registered voters across the U.S. Its margin of error is plus or minus two percentage points. Becca Stanek"

http://theweek.com/speedreads/573860/trump-crushes-rest-gop-field-new-nationwide-poll

9. D-Ric902

D-Ric902

Biden will have Obama as a close advisor.
    Don't be fooled, Hillary won't want to hear from him and want him to fade away as "former"
    He will have major sway and influence with Biden. The moon bats will expect and demand it.

10. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I'll take a social conservative any day - a GOPer, that is.

11. Hartford

Hartford

Won't win the general election and will keep pushing us towards the edge if he does. If you want socially conservative laws that's fine by me, but keep it on the state level.

ETA: Unless that social conservative can reassure the country he won't let his views affect federal policy he is done. And that won't happen with the media we have today.

12. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I can't; I live in leftist VT.

13. Hartford

Hartford

I hear you there. Got plenty of friends in VT. I make it a point not to discuss politics when I'm there. The girlfriends and wives are have some pretty crazy views. The guys don't even really pay attention or care that much.

14. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Don't kid yourself. I would have a drink with Joe, but as a politician he is terrible. Joe would just be Obama's puppet. A Biden presidency would be Obama's 3rd term.

SCmasterblaster likes this.
  15. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

This got me to thinking:
    Then I got confused.
    *some silly emoticon*