close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If it makes you happy......

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by V Gehts, Sep 11, 2017.

1. V Gehts

V Gehts

With all the "Glock Hater Trolls" that come to this site and *poop* on everything Glock....
    maybe some day you'll find your own happiness...
    For Us that own and shoot any Glock,...and it makes US Happy,.....just keep on shooting!
    My 19 ain't no 1911 or 229 or all steel made or even pretty to look at...but in my eyes she's a "beaut",...one of a kind......every pull of the trigger puts a big grin on my face! I'll purposely limp wrist it sometimes to just feel the recoil,her kisses back!!!!!
    She ain't dead nuts at 25yrds....prolly me anyways....but loves 7 an 10 yrd distances.
    She just *pops* and feels so good to grip n shoot!
    Damn you "paper bad guy"....you gonna die and Glock 19 gonna see to it!

2. DrewBone

DrewBone

Welcome to the forum, I'm happy for you and your Glock happiness!

I don't however understand this phenomenon of members, especially new ones, who post about those members here who state their differing or negative opinions of the Glock platform.

There are 53 different sub forums on GlockTalk besides "General Glocking"; this contributes to the site's sheer diversity that exists here, and with that diversity comes many many different experiences, opinions, thoughts and feelings, all of which are subject to both praise as well as criticism in this, a public discussion forum.

This is a real life environment, not a protected sanctuary. Please don't take any negativity that you see as anything personal or allow your panties to get all bunched up over someone else's opinion, the subject of which is most always subjective in nature.

:D

3. V Gehts

V Gehts

This site is no different than other internet Forum sites.

Big difference between criticism (constructive) and outright immature bickering negativity.
    (those who like to stir the pot)

I don't dwell on the negative of others or their chosen unhappiness....but I do like to hear of others positive inputs and joy.

4. Overkill777

Overkill777

I think you make point about the Glock haters. Why do people come here and post if they hate Glocks? It's called Glock Talk!

There are some brands that I don't like and I've never considered joining one of their forums.

5. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Apparently you do since you posted this thread.What usernames have you used in the past here?

tbc and WeeWilly like this.
  6. Bradley T

Bradley T

GLOCK pistols are great. I really want a Gen 5.

V Gehts likes this.
  7. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I agree that it is interesting to see such large numbers of brand new folks showing up and immediately posting their angst regarding the forum. Sock puppets don't really have the power to hurt anyone, but they do exist on many forums...

8. V Gehts

V Gehts

Nope,...try again.
    And not my intention of this thread......

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  9. Mike-M

Mike-M

"V Gehts"??? "Wie geht's" meinen Sie?

V Gehts likes this.
  10. Pranqster

Pranqster

Love my Glock, but Im not gonna sugar coat its shortcomings either. Forums aren't suppose to be circle jerks.

11. V Gehts

V Gehts

Sehr gut, danke

WayneJessie likes this.
  12. Police Marksman

Police Marksman

I am a Glock "fanboy" but I have excellent reasons. Our department has issued Glocks to all its officers for the past twenty years. The Glock handgun has proven itself to be a very dependable, accurate, and simple handgun. This makes it perfect for self defense.

Our department has had few problems with the Glock handgun, and malfunctions are rare. While I was a range officer, I heard no complaints from our officers that they were issued Glock handguns. The Glock Handgun has saved our officers lives time and time again, and has not failed us.

Glock states that 65% of Police Departments issue Glock handguns. Thats a huge amount of LEO, and that does not even count for individual officers (who are allowed to chose their own weapon) who have chosen Glock. If Glock handguns were crap do you think they would be so popular with LEO?

Also If you look at the Tactical Handgun trainers, the vast majority recommend and carry Glock handguns.

Many of the handgun manufactures have copied the Glock design (striker fired handgun with polymer frame), and now it is there top selling handgun. I rather stick with the original!

Is Glock handguns perfect, or course not, nothing is. Constructive criticism is always good, but haters will always hate.

Yes I am a Glock fanboy, you should be too!

13. -JCN-

-JCN-

I have some pretty guns, some cool guns and some finicky guns.

But my Glocks are dead nuts reliable and go bang every time. I love them for their simplicity and dependability.

14. DrewBone

DrewBone

The original? Hardly.

Heckler & Koch introduced the very first polymer framed striker fired pistol, with their 9x19mm models VP70M (semi/3 shot burst capable) and VP70Z (semi only, shown below) - a full 12 years ahead of the first Glock.
    [​IMG]

15. tbc

tbc

Stop "pooping" on Glocks you "hater"

Kidding aside. I joined this forum solely because of the non-bias members. Their posts and contributions were technicals and helpful. I also don't understand the brand-loyal folks. Why limit yourself to one brand?

For me, I love Glocks and many other handguns.

16. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

I might be called a Fan Boy, and thank you because at my age no one has called me Boy in a long time. Lol
    I have many handguns, revolvers, and autos, and like all of them.
    I like all of my Glocks, and you can bet that when something goes Bump in the night I will have a glock in my hand.
    When I leave the house I will be carrying either a G-23 or 19.
    I have others that are good for carry but the gen2 G-19/23
    Frame fits my hand best, and my carry style.
    I may have a Glock on my hip, and a 12ga pump in my hand.

17. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

I've never been to Sig Talk, Kahr Talk, CZ Talk, Taurus Talk, HK Talk, or Hi Point Talk. I'm sure they are fine forums.

18. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor

V Gehts likes this.
  19. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor

Ahhhh, the simplicity of the glock !!!!!

Earl Smith, cousbud and V Gehts like this.
  20. Hyperbolic

Hyperbolic

I have one Ruger 22/45. For fun.

I have four Glocks. For carry. I will not carry another handgun. It's not a fanboy or brand loyalty thing for me. Purely practical reasons. I like my carry guns to always work. I like my carry guns to be simple to operate, simple to work on, and simple/easy to clean. I like my carry guns to have replacement parts readily available and inexpensive. I like all of my carry guns to operate the same way, so I will never have to stop and think, "which one is this"?

If another brand started offering the same features in such a wide variety of calibers, for less money, I would switch over in a heartbeat.