close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If Glock made a thinner single stack G26/27...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sharpshooter, Sep 9, 2004.

1. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

If Glock took the G26/27 series and turned it into a slim single stack design... Would you dump your Kahr and go for the Glock for CCW? Seems like the G26/27 series is way more fat and blocky than it needs to be.

2. sharpshooter

I would not. Glock slides bite the web of my large hands when I shoot them. Always have, just enough to bleed me. It's annoying enough that I sold my Glock 23 and bought a Kahr instead. The Kahr's slide rides a little higher and does not hit my hand. So far, my P9 is 100% reliable and I'm happy with it.

That's my situation. But I'm sure Glock would sell a TON of thin single stack 26s and 27s.

3. sharpshooter

I've heard theories that Glock won't cater to the civilian market because they make their money on Gov't and military contracts, and they do not have any use for slim 7-round mini pistols.

But Glock did it with the 36 for some reason. Why not do it for the other calibers? Design problems? Any ideas?

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Strictly to the question, no. But I'd buy it. I think the G26 does what it does very well. Many people (rightfully I think) like the redundancy of mags. If I were carrying a 26 & toting a spare mag, it would be one of my G17's 17+2's, or a 15rd G19 mag. Couldn't do that with a single-stack model, so it's no advantage over my Kahr. Glock does cater to the civilian market to a certain degree in many other parts of the world where their .380 sells like crazy because 9x19 is a prohibited caliber.

All that's water under the bridge. If Glock had already done a slim 9mm I probably wouldn't have bought a Kahr. But they haven't yet, so I did and like it very much. If they did come out with one at this point, I might buy it - after I'd acquired some of the other Glocks I want.
    But I still wouldn't dump my P9 Covert.;3

5. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

I really doubt I’d pick up this “slim single stack” G26 you’re talking about here, because unless it was a TOTAL new GLOCK design it wouldn’t be as slim nor as small overall as the Kahr design is. (FYI, Kahr’s “offset” feed ramp design is a huge reason why the Kahr is so slim... GLOCK wouldn't have that going for them.)

6. Dandapani

Dandapani

At this point, a slim-line G26-like Glock would be hard pressed to get into my carry rotation. It wouldn't be smaller than my PM9 (like the Rohrbaugh R9 is) so it wouldn't displace the PM9. I don't need yet another IWB piece.

It's a shame. Kahr found a niche Glock that will never fill.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

^c
    [size=large]B - I - N - G - O[/size]

Sounds just as crystal clear as the first time anyone here said it.
    ;f

8. Perry F.

Perry F.

I'd buy it up fast.

9. kraigster414

kraigster414

A single stack .40SW yes. I'd dump my g27 in a hearbeat - too darn fat and heavy and not suitable IMHO for shooters with smallish hands. 9mm? I am very happy with my PM9 thank you.

10. jamstutz

jamstutz CLM

I would, but until Glock builds a US manufacturing facility it will never happen because of the ATF's rules regarding importation of firearms (some archaic point system from the 1968 bill that purports to define a gun as having a "sporting purpose"). The G26 just barely qualifies, and would not qualify if it didn't come into the country with a target (ridged) trigger and target (adjustable) sights. I heard from a Glock rep that the smaller Glocks are all shipped into the US without sights and a bag of adjustable sights is thrown into the crate to meet the requirement. After the shipments are received in GA, the bags of adjustable sights are returned to Austria to be sent with another shipment.

11. JBA111

JBA111

the Glock slim line 40 dosn't have to be as thin as the Kahr, just make it as slim as glock need s it to be and still function reliable.
    Make a thin rounded dehorned 40S&W that holds 7 rnds in a single stack mag in a poly framed pistol with a 4" bbl.
    That should be one easy to carry fighting defensive pistol.
    let Kahr make the pocket rocket and have Glock keep makeing fighting pistols!!