Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Option 1 - A gun with a external decocker/safety/thumb safety kinda like what the military wanted would you buy it. And yes I know in many ways it goes against what Glocks have been. But even a thumb safety like on the M&P and/or XD guns and I think they would have won the contract.

Option 2 - Do what others have done and copy/clone/similar builds and make their own DA/SA like the Sig P226 or HK P30 or Beretta. Again it goes against what Glock is. But this would be another one that would have won the contract.

Imagine Glock as the primary/most carried US military side arm like the are for LE's and they would dominate the World.....well ok maybe not but Beretta would be :crying: forever. And the "Evil Empire of Glock" would strike back, insert Dr. Evil laugh here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Option 1 - A gun with a external decocker/safety/thumb safety kinda like what the military wanted would you buy it. And yes I know in many ways it goes against what Glocks have been. But even a thumb safety like on the M&P and/or XD guns and I think they would have won the contract.

Option 2 - Do what others have done and copy/clone/similar builds and make their own DA/SA like the Sig P226 or HK P30 or Beretta. Again it goes against what Glock is. But this would be another one that would have won the contract.

Imagine Glock as the primary/most carried US military side arm like the are for LE's and they would dominate the World.....well ok maybe not but Beretta would be :crying: forever. And the "Evil Empire of Glock" would strike back, insert Dr. Evil laugh here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU

Some Glocks ARE made with a thumb safety. We don't see them in the US.

Edit: I think they call it "trigger lock".

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
It may just be a specific gun that I've tried but I found the safety on the M&P soft, it didn't snap into place like a safety should. I know some of the people on the M&P Forum have posted about removing the safety.

If Glock went with something like that I wouldn't be interested.

Dave

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It may just be a specific gun that I've tried but I found the safety on the M&P soft, it didn't snap into place like a safety should. I know some of the people on the M&P Forum have posted about removing the safety.

Dave
The laser grips won't work with the thumb safety.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
A Glock would be ruined IMO if a safety was standard. If they do decide to add them, I would like to see an option like the M&P so you could still get it without one.

·
Registered
746 Posts

Dave
The forum you mentioned has some of the biggest Glock haters out there. I can't stand that place. The S&W forum is really good though and which is seperate from the M&P forum.

·
Registered
746 Posts
A Glock would be ruined IMO if a safety was standard. If they do decide to add them, I would like to see an option like the M&P so you could still get it without one.

I would buy an option like that so I guess I have to pick option one. I have a SA-XD with it and I like it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why do you need a decocker? A Glock is never "cocked." When the slide is cycled it resets the trigger. When you squeeze the trigger, you are pushing the firing pin back and when the trigger is all the way back the firing pin comes forward and strikes the primer. There is enough safeties already built in to the Glock. Don't pull the trigger and it will not fire.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Troy106, they not only hate Glocks, as far as I can tell, they hate everyone who questions the value of Apex parts. I stopped visiting there a while back. Switched to the S&W Forum.

They did have some very smart people there. I noticed that Fastbolt posts on the S&W Forum. Another great poster on the M&P Forum was 9mpwerks (sp). Lots of knowledge there.

Dave

·
Registered
746 Posts
Troy106, they not only hate Glocks, as far as I can tell, they hate everyone who questions the value of Apex parts. I stopped visiting there a while back. Switched to the S&W Forum.

They did have some very smart people there. I noticed that Fastbolt posts on the S&W Forum. Another great poster on the M&P Forum was 9mpwerks (sp). Lots of knowledge there.

Dave
I cant stand that place. Looks of pricks and wanna be know it all types. Every forum at least has to a 2 smart people but when I left they were left with none :rofl:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Why do you need a decocker? A Glock is never "cocked." When the slide is cycled it resets the trigger. When you squeeze the trigger, you are pushing the firing pin back and when the trigger is all the way back the firing pin comes forward and strikes the primer. There is enough safeties already built in to the Glock. Don't pull the trigger and it will not fire.
I dont think that is enough safety for the military.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you want a external safety, don't buy a glock. You will never see anything you are talking about, on a glock. Period.
I know exactly what you are saying but they did make a G17S I think it was the model for the Tasmanian police. This is not a please change Glock, it is more of what the world would be if the won the contract and dominated more than they already do thread.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Troy106, amen to that! In my case I don't think they missed me! Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Dave

1 - 20 of 33 Posts