Debate If Evolution is True is Christianity False?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Police Marksman, Mar 1, 2017.

1. fowl intent

fowl intent Banned

Exactly my point.

2. Robgmn

Robgmn

No need to teach me anything, as I've already given YOU the information that can be easily referenced and verified.
    This is not an attack of you or your faith. It is a discussion of fact.

Let's go super-simplistic.
    Please explain how these two statements are NOT contradictory when written in the same document. Provide proof, not a statement such as "you are wrong because I said so" or "you should read the Bible; then you will understand".
    Statements like those are not a valid argument:

Trees were created before man was created.
    Man was created before trees were created.

Please further explain how these sentences are NOT contradictory when written in the same document, referencing the same time frame. Keep in mind that we have a valid and accurate definition of contradiction below:
    I do not want you to eat my sandwich.
    I want you to eat my sandwich.

con·tra·dic·tion
    ˌkäntrəˈdikSH(ə)n/
    noun
    a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.
    the statement of a position opposite to one already made.

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

To answer you Ziggy,
    1. I don't question God. I don't even pretend to know how or when the earth was made, I just have faith. The Bible has historical actual facts, and people that existed. It's a history book unlike others, and was the first published (or written on scrolls). I also would believe those historical figures in the Bible before I would believe any current so called scientist today. I have very little faith in science today, but I do give credit for the medical miracles that has come from it.
    2. I won't change my position. Like it said, you have a choice. Either you believe it, or you don't. That's pretty simple to me.

4. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

As the eternal Son of God, and creator of everything, the Lord's identity has everything to do with the realities of science and the natural world.

Furthermore, the fact that multitudes of brilliant scientists reject Darwinian evolution alone shows that evolution (macro-single cells floating in the ocean becoming people over millions or billions billions of years gratuitously) is not so settled a fact.

5. Paul53

Paul53 MAKE HATE WRONG AGAIN!

Evolution was here first.

6. fowl intent

fowl intent Banned

The very definition of a radical extremist. I believe it on faith, and I will not change my opinion. Thank Odin your form of extremism no longer calls for killing those that don't believe like you do.

7. Dave514

Dave514

Name the multitudes of scientists that reject evolution.

8. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

There is more evidence for the existence of Jesus's life, death and resurrection than many people know.

Here it is:
    http://www.garyhabermas.com/books/historicaljesus/historicaljesus.htm

9. ziggy2525

ziggy2525

Thx

10. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

Completely false.

11. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

12. Guss

Guss

That seems to be the point of the original post. That's why the fundamentalist Christians are desperately trying to reject evolution. The more moderate Christians, realizing that it's hard to fight science, seem to have shifted to the viewpoint that Genesis is just a metaphor that all mankind falls short of what we should be in God's eyes, but God's mercy, expressed to us in God's Jesus form, will still save us.

13. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

I have once again, as I have done with another deeply divisive issue, provided you with one website with volumes of evidence including volumes of scientific research to back up my claims as to the veracity of God's Word, The Bible.

As with the other issue, the truth is there for you to accept or reject. I won't be drawn into silly long winded arguments that will be 'pooh poohed' by you and the other merry band of God haters and God deniers. I am not here to convince you. I am here to present an opposing view on this subject, and to provide others who are questioning this matter with the resources to make up their own mind. The facts I have presented on the site mentioned above are far beyond what I could explain, and goes far beyond the moronic dismissal of the much used "God did it!". Actually, the evidence provided proves beyond the shadow of any reasonable doubt that God really did "do it". But go there freely and make up your own mind.

Evolution is a fairy tale, pure and simple. If you are so self deceived, to believe it, so be it. "The fool sayeth in his heart there is no God". The existence of the millions of lifeforms and the billions of varieties of impossible variations of life on this planet alone points to irrevocably to intelligent design. Earth. The heavens. Deep space. Not even included. It should be clear to anyone with just a microscope and a drop of pond water.

As to the flat earth arguement that is so joyfully batted around here....The Bible mentions that the earth is a sphere. Had the early church at Rome stayed with the Bible's clear teachings instead of incorporating every falsehood and false religion it came across there would never have been a period of time called the "Dark Ages", but that is another matter altogether.

I have provided you with some resources, and where to access them. Much is backed up by PHD's and other lettered men. Take your arguments up with them if you want to end up like "The Science Guy" did with his debates with Ken Hamm. (Available on CD at the above mentioned site)

Ohh another site on creationism?

answers in genesis

"We don't hold grudges. We remember the facts."

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

14. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Completely true. And church history proves it beyond any shred of doubt, from Constantine on.

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

15. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Hopefully your resource for this other issue is somewhat more useful that Answers in Genesis. Despite your claims, AiG has provided no evidence, no scientific research, and nothing to refute any of the literally hundreds of thousands of facts that validate the reality of evolution as a scientific phenomenon.
    You haven't presented an opposing view, and neither does AiG. To be an opposing view something would have to be based on actual evidence not concerted efforts to twist all observations to meet a predetermined conclusion.
    Evolution has been observed. Researchers have watched it happen. You might as well say elephants are a fairy tale.
    Once again, you simply declare something so without any supporting evidence. Intelligent design isn't an alternative explanation either, it's a fancy form of an argument from incredulity and one which doesn't withstand the simplest investigation. If all life is the product of intelligent design, why does the core genetic structure of every living thing from bacteria to blue whales reduce to the same four nucleotides in only two combinations?
    No, it doesn't. Circle does not equal sphere.
    Yes, it is. BTW, pi also isn't equal to three.
    Presumably you're talking about Bill Nye and his deconstruction of Ham's absurdities in their debate.
    That's the same site.[/QUOTE]

16. Paul53

Paul53 MAKE HATE WRONG AGAIN!

:grill: Call me when you all agree please.

Attached Files:

17. Animal Mother

How does one quantify "the Lord's Identity" in a scientific context?
    What multitudes? Most creationist "scientists" are either frauds, like Dr. Dino or Carl Baugh, or got their degrees specifically to give them some credibility while they put forth their creationist beliefs, not scientific conclusions.

18. Guss

Guss

What scientist are you speaking of that talks about such a thing as macroevolution? I'd like to read it in their own words.

19. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

You and others were given the site. Others can go and make up their own mind. I myself have seen to much "cut and paste" so called "evidence" concerning evolution. Considering the above mentioned facts on the multitude of various life forms alone, (not to mention the millions of life forms that went extinct up until this hour), I gave it up as absolute foolery many decades ago.

I am a creationist. You are not. You are free to believe as you wish. I myself will stand with the Holy Scriptures. I didn't come here expecting to be agreed with. I do not hold that man is in in any way an animal, nor that he came from animals or lower forms of life. The evidence for that simply does not exist. I gave the site to those who wish to study the matter further. Nothing more or less. The Nye guy debate is on CD for anyone's viewing.

Cheers,

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

Aslan likes this.
  20. Animal Mother

We don't completely understand how gravity works. Do you also hold that gravity is "just as much a faith system as religion"?