Debate If Evolution is True is Christianity False?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Police Marksman, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Police Marksman

Police Marksman

No matter how much evidence they are shown, they have to reject it when it is in conflict with their ancient beliefs. Which of course is the definition of being delusional.

2. fldawgfan

fldawgfan

Not true. Forget about Darwin. He had no knowledge of DNA and genetics. There is more than enough evidence that shows all living creatures are related if you go back far enough. Hell, we share 50% of our DNA with a banana.

3. neon

neon

It is assumed that things made themselves, that no divine intervention has happened, and that God has not revealed to us knowledge about the past. Evolution is a deduction from this assumption, and it is essentially the idea that things made themselves. It includes these unproven ideas: nothing gave rise to something at an alleged "big bang," non-living gave rise to life, single-celled organisms gave rise to many-celled organisms, invertebrates gave rise to vertebrates, ape-like creatures gave rise to man, non-intelligent and amoral matter gave rise to religions, etc.
    source:Quote:Sarfati.

Creationist believe in variation within a kind, which is totally different from the information gaining variation required for particles to people evolution. Creationists, starting from the BIBLE, believe that God created different kinds of organisms, which reproduced "after their kinds". Each of these kinds was created with a vast amount of information. There was enough variety in the information in the original creatures so their descendants could adapt to a wide variety of environments.

Molly:)

+++
    Joshua 24:20
    If you forsake the Lord, and serve strange gods, then he will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that he hath done you good.

Attached Files:

4. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Im currently working my way through all his videos now. very well done. I foresee a few different threads in the making.

5. Police Marksman

Police Marksman

Molly:
    Genetics, prove you wrong. If you watch the video Aron will explain how genetics, has proven the Noah flood story to be false.

6. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

Once more for the entire class; Evolution has nothing to say about The Big Bang or Abiogeneisis. If you wanna learn about those subjects you need to study those subjects.

Continually making erroneous statements does nothing to shore up your point. Not that anything would.

7. srjdsmith

srjdsmith

I didn't read the whole thread- I will when I have time so sorry if this is a repeat.

The issue in evolution isn't mutation, its genetic complexity. You can mutate an organism and have a viable, fertile result (V&F). What you CAN'T do is change genetic complexity. If you remove or add chromosomes you won't get V&F result. For example, zebras (depending on species) have 32 to 46 chromosomes. A horse has 64. You can't add chromosomes to a zebra and make a horse- therefore no evolution. Horses (64) and donkeys (62) produce viable but not fertile offspring- if you call this evolution it lasts one generation at best. Even in a lab, genetic material can't be added or subtracted and get a V&F result, therefore science can't claim it happens THOUSANDS of times spontaneously. That's not science- if you can't do it, you can't claim it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aslan likes this.