IF Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed????

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Biggsly, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Yes. She will step down.

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. No. She will fight until her last breath.

76 vote(s)
    93.8%
  1. HT77

HT77

Amy Barrett was nearly the nominee this time. I think if Ginsburg kicks the bucket it is very likely she will be the nominee to replace her. Won't stop the commies from smearing and demonizing her.

2. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

RBG is more outdated than OUR Constitution , our constitution is the only thing that protects free America and she's against it ? Time for a dirt nap Ruth ! How can you honestly give an unbiased opinion on what you hate ?

hogship and janice6 like this.

3. Bilrus61

Bilrus61

I think she might retire if the Republicans win big next month and gain 3 or 4 seats in the senate. She hung on for Hillary and has gone on two more years. I think she is just hoping the dems take the senate and they can leverage that to a moderate as her replacement.

I think she would like to maybe retire also before 2020 so the dems can pull another confirmation hoo doo and help motivate the dems in 2020. I'm not seeing her enjoying being there for two more years and then possibly even longer if Reps keep the senate and Trump wins re-election. No ways she makes it to 2024. I still think Bryer is the one to keep a eye on. He's 79 and that is pretty darn old. Something could happen to him any second. Satomyer is 64 and has had diabetes her whole life. That damages your organs. Ambulance was called for her earlier this year. I don't think she will last to 2024 either. That is 3 liberals. Even if Trump has to name a moderate due to losing the senate this would be a huge blow to progressives/pinkos for a generation.

happie2shoot and janice6 like this.
  4. neon

neon

She is dead already! They use electric current to make her head go up and down.
    - Trump is mulling 2 women Supreme Court nominees. The odds that President Trump will choose a woman as his next Supreme Court nominee just kicked up a notch – and political handicappers took note.

happie2shoot likes this.
  5. narkcop128

narkcop128

I hope that ***** croaks ASAP!

F14A likes this.
  6. hannstv

hannstv

Pretty sure RBG is already dead and her staff is pulling a "Weekend At Bernie's" on us. Serious question...if Kavanaugh is confirmed when would he be sworn in and start hearing cases?

F14A likes this.
  7. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

She has nothing else to do her ever wish is coddled to the Grim Reaper will remove RBG from the bench no doubt in my mind !

F14A likes this.
  8. janice6

janice6

She is hanging on simply to make a more liberal court. Now it is evenly distributed 4 - 4.

The court will be lost for a long time to come with a deciding conservative judge. She will become redundant at that point.

If Trump gets another conservative, she has nothing to live/work for, all will be lost to her.

hogship, F14A and Just Glocks like this.
  9. Anicius Julianus

Anicius Julianus

I don't think so
    but
    there will be riots in the street somewhere in America.

10. HT77

HT77

I believe he would almost immediately take his position on the Court following a few minor ceremonial issues.

Just Glocks likes this.
  11. F14A

F14A

She stays and probably dies hearing an argument..

She is as anti-American as Chucky boy..

Just Glocks likes this.
  12. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

All of this is a good example of why the SCOTUS itself shouldn't exist. In theory, it's nine impartial, unbiased judges applying Constitutional law equivocally. But, as with everything leftists touch, it's become a partisan means of despotism where our basic rights depend on which side is in power at the moment. Like communism, it's a theory that works on paper, but doesn't work in real life.

Just Glocks and F14A like this.
  13. alnicoG22

alnicoG22

RGB made a tactical error by not retiring during BHO's reign of error.

ClydeG19 likes this.
  14. InValhalla

InValhalla

I think you're 100% correct. If Trump were to nominate a woman... especially a nonwhite woman... he would be painting them into a corner.

That would make it difficult for the Left to attack her character - since it's a woman, they have to believe her. If her past was as clean as Kavanaugh, she would be bullet proof.

That being said... they would come up with some excuse to complain.

IV

pgg00 likes this.
  15. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

As long as Trump is President, RBG will never voluntarily step down. No way she'll let him appoint another Justice.

16. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

[​IMG]

Not only is she the only one who requires a special chair, she's the only one who has to wear some kind of drool collar or bib to keep the spittle off her robe.
    [​IMG]
    :odie: Drool-catcher.
    [​IMG]

17. janice6

janice6

Given a question of the interpretation of the law, you need one deciding court to provide the final say.

Otherwise all the lesser courts will be conflicting with each other depending on their political makeup.

The U.S. Supreme Court is the best solution we have available.

hogship and hooligan74 like this.
  18. janice6

janice6

It's not up to her!

hogship likes this.
  19. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

I hope she has the biggest Fred Sanford arm waving heart attack the moment after he is sworn in. And then the witch doctor guy from the 2nd Indiana Jones movie thrusts his hand into her chest, rips out heart so we can see the final few beats.

20. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

It's up to her to voluntarily step down or not. I'm saying she's not going to step down as long as Trump is President and let him pick her replacement.

hogship and janice6 like this.