Glock Talk banner

If ARs/AKs are banned, what will you arm yourself with?

21K views 123 replies 87 participants last post by  mc1911 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm playing the devil's advocate.

Let's say a new AWB passes, which prohibits the ownership of ARs, AKs, and semi-auto military-style rifles with pistol grips and/or magazines over 10 rounds. From this point forward, you cannot buy/sell/own any of these rifles.

What kind of weapon would you use in it's place?

The most lethal thing that comes to my mind is like a Ruger Scout Rifle. Is there maybe a better choice?

#9 ·
Lots of options, pump action, lever action, semi auto with a fixed mag like the M1 Garand.

#14 ·
So no detachable mag semi-auto rifles? I'd take the money the government gives me for taking them and buy something like the Ruger Scout and a good lever action or two - pump shotguns are also very high on the list. How about those pump .223 rifles Ruger had a while back?

#16 ·
...and that any such ban would make it illegal to own one that was bought before the ban.
will likely require registration as proof like they did in kali. and that's the 1st step in confiscation

#19 ·
I doubt any significant legislation will get passed (for a variety of political & statistical reasons), but if any legislation looks as if it will pass & ostensibly ban the purchase of ARs and/or AKs (subject to judicial challenges), I'll make it a point of principle to purchase one of these immediately (it only has a 1o round magazine, too!):

#24 ·
If they outlaw my AR with pistol grip, I'll just remove the pistol grip. Pistol grips are "cool factor" but accuracy suffers with 'em anyway. Then I'm legal and more deadly.:cool: Talking about the front vertical BTW. Now what to do about the rear grip???
...that's what the libs are referring to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.