If angry younger white guys are the problem, why so angry?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jame, Sep 7, 2019.

1. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Everyone is either looking for answers or someone to blame, and too few are making any attempt to look at the root causes.

We all know it’s not the guns. It’s not the ammunition. I personally don’t think it’s video games or movies, either.

Lately it seems, a 20 or 30 something white guy seems to be behind the gun. The question is, why so angry? I have to admit, at 60, I’m pretty mellow any more, but I’m a little pissed that it’s assumed that I’m:
    Racist
    Misogynist
    Anti social
    Anti-environment
    Homophobic
    And on and on and on.

The media has done a lot of us quite a disservice, but again, that’s blame game crap. Blaming the media does nothing if we’re unwilling to look at a solution, if there is one.

What do you think (if anything) is pissing many of us? Or is this just another pointless chase down a rabbit hole?

2. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

My kids fall into the millennial generation. Talking to their friends can uncover a lot of anger at the generations before them. They have been sold a line of crap about how everything was wonderful until my generation screwed it up and thereby screwed them over.

My daughter and a friend were complaining about how bad the economy and job market is now and how great it would have been to be their age back in my day.

The internet is great for digging up statistics. I was able to compare today to the 70s. The 70s sucked in comparison.

OPEC. Double digit inflation. Price controls. Double digit interest rates. Massive air pollution. Rivers that burned. Race riots.

They still are upset thinking my generation screwed them over. And they don’t see a solution.

They are expecting utopia and angry they are finding reality.

quasii, Bus007, Intolerant and 21 others like this.

3. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

Yup...I was there, too. Crappy economy and gas lines. No cellphones, Internet, or HDTV with 500 channels to watch. Kids today have no freaking idea.

mj9mm, Intolerant, capnjim01 and 15 others like this.
  4. jame

In my case, 18-20% interest, Farm Crisis, deep recession, no jobs. Of any kind, regardless of pay or employer.

Today is cake compared to the late 70’s/early 80’s. At least for me.

quasii, KikoMonster, mj9mm and 7 others like this.
  5. Pete perfection

Pete perfection

They hate their liberal parents.

railfancwb, NMG26, HALO51 and 2 others like this.
  6. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

The "mass shootings" they give coverage to, yeah.

[​IMG]

7. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

Who remembers $3.35 an hour pay minimum wage..
    Having to have three jobs just to get bye..
    I also remember when everybody didn't have that darn cell phone in their hands 24/7/365..
    I was talking to the girl at Kroger check out & said I know of a grocery where they take the phones from the employees when they clock in & they get them back when they clock out.
    She said well I have to have my phone as my son has MS, I said what's that got to do with you playing with you're phone all the time..
    I have a cell phone & make phone calls with it.. Pretty handy actually.
    Everybody thinks they are special or something???

You mean you want me to show up to work on time & actually work too??
    Work on the weekends too??

That's the anger issue, They have to work & their parents didn't teach them how to act, It may come down to the use of corporal punishment.
    They where never whooped & think they can get away with anything..

Thanks for whoopin me Pop!!

8. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

So, are you saying the MSM has an AGENDA? Color me shocked.

9. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

When I was a kid, we went outside and played. There was far less childhood obesity back then.

10. jame

:rolleyes:
    Love the source.......:rolleyes:

Even if your post maintained a high level of scrutiny, those primarily black men, (gang bangers, may I assume?) are not the ones that are currently under the looking glass.

We not like the facts we’re dealing with, but it’s young white guys that are getting the focus. We will not be given the chance to redirect. We need and intelligent and active response. Or we lose, purely and simply. Just posting a meme and claiming, “It’s not us, it’s THEM!” ain’t gonna work.

11. Butch_Coolidge

Butch_Coolidge

These are horrible situations,mainly because people have been killed indiscriminately in mass lately. With that said, these are isolated incidents. I don’t think pointing the finger at any particular race is the answer. I also don’t think this is an easy fix. We love to try to solve things as a society, by simplifying them. The anger seems to be fueled to a large extent by the media. It’s great for ratings. They are also not to blame. What would make any individual decide to commit suicide, and take as many strangers with them as possible? I don’t have a specific answer. Not everyone that is raised without a family becomes evil. Unfortunately, if someone is hell bent on committing a horrific crime, it often is not preventable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railfancwb, nrajeff, mj9mm and 4 others like this.
  12. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

I worked at a small liberal arts college for almost 20 years. Here is why I think there is a LOT of pent up emotion with these kids.

I have been up all day and nobody has told me I am special.
    Made my bed, but no trophy.
    My BFF is making $80,000 (he has a degree in MATH), I can not find a job (my degree -urban studies) and we both have the same balance on our student loans.
    Dad will not buy me a new car-this one is three years OLD.
    I want to take a year off and go to Europe-but nobody will send me for free.
    I only have 43 Twitter followers.
    What do you mean I have to work until I am 65 before I can RETIRE.
    Do you know how much rent is on a 3,000 sqft HOME-I fell so cramped in my apartment.

railfancwb, nrajeff, mj9mm and 13 others like this.
  13. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

14. tuica

tuica

I graduated from High School in 1970. “The best of times, the worst of times.” Any times. I thought the 1970’s was a great time to be alive. I was younger, had a lot more hair. Experienced an interesting, and continual parade of girlfriends. The bands I liked were still around and active. Damn good time for movies. And for television.

Many family and friends were still alive. While sowing my share of wild oats, there were very few STD’s to worry about. And fashions. Bell bottoms, wild colors. Stacked platform shoes “grew” my height to 6’ 1”. Finished up the decade by joining the navy. My life is good now. But I have many great memories of the 1970’s.

15. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

The reason why they tell you so many are white is because nobody wants to report about the black ones. We have 3 or 4 a weekend, Ive handled ones where 14 were winged by emptying a Gat into a crowd just to get some street cred. Or because someone took the last chicken wing off the plate.

I'll say this much tho, it seems the white offenders are more skilled, more organized, and plan better.

At the heart of all of them is a lack of a moral center, empathy for others, religious values, a stable two parent family or barring that a support system of adult males to emulate. They have an intense feeling of social rejection and repressed rage and just as important they have been raised on Hollywood's pollutants of gratuitous violence and sex. The same actors, game makers, and singers who say they hate gun violence and female sex objectification just can't seem to stop themselves from making a buck off it.

Ive lived and worked thru the "Liberal revolution" and this is what Ive seen. That and everyone is a freaking victim nowadays. Its seems nobody is responsible for anything.

The simple truth is woman can't raise boys. Ive worked in the black community for many years and its highly unusual to find a true Daddy at home especially in lower income 'hoods. A Hispanic family will usually remain intact because Catholicism is strongly practiced but not in the black community.

If theres less school shootings in black HS's its probably because of all the cops and metal detectors you have to pass to get in. Its pretty disheartening, all the rage you see in the eyes of these kids.

railfancwb, nrajeff, mj9mm and 11 others like this.
  16. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

Talking heads on radio, TV, YouTube, internet, DU, Glocktalk, etc...
    I remember the day I quit listening to Limbaugh many years ago. I got tired of listening to some fat guy ***** day after day for the entertainment purpose of pissing me off. When you climb out of your head and look around, life is good.

17. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

Right from the Bible..
    "Spare the Rod & Spoil The Child"
    There needs to be a lot more @$$ Whoopin..
    I'll be the 1st to step up with the whip & give till my shoulders give out..
    But ole LeRoy was troubled & just needed a chance & the man wouldn't give it to him..
    We'll I'll give it to him.~~~~~!!

railfancwb likes this.
  18. DAKA

DAKA

I'm a lot older than most of you, grew up in the late 40's and 50's BEST TIME EVER, but we didn't know that then...
    You got into "trouble" (minor by today's standards) you got punished..or the threat of punishment was there..
    Today...these brats have NO RESPONSIBILITY they thought they were special, a trophy for everyone....what BULL DICKEY
    STOP *****ING TO THE OTHER A$$HOLES, PLAYING WITH YOUR "DEVICE", GET OFF YOUR A$$ AND GET A JOB.........NOTHING IS FREE....

mj9mm, tuica, flyover and 6 others like this.
  19. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

Adam Carolla calls this period the “Pre-AIDS, Mid-Cocaine” period of American history.

20. MacMilly

MacMilly

Because our cultural and moral decay is targeting them individually. These are the ones that aren’t coping with the new politics and are resorting to terrorism.

railfancwb, Intolerant and aircarver like this.