If a move to NY is required...What happens to my pistol?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock36fs, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Glock36fs

Glock36fs

NYC Drew, do you mean an FFDO can legally possess (not carry) a non-issued TSA firearm in NY without a NYS pistol permit or just referring to possessing a TSA issued firearm with under direction of the SOP? I know FFDOs do not fall under Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act to legally carry all 50 states.

It would be in the Bellport area.

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

Good luck my friend, I hope you don't have to move:angel:

3. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

Sell it and buy a bunch of baseball bats.

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

What I mean is, AT LEAST, if you were a FFDO, you would not be facing an automatic 3 1/2 years in prison for illegal possession of a handgun.

Instead it would only be up to a year! Gotta think positive, right? :faint:

There are no exclusions for anyone except

1. LE (state, fed, local)

2. Retired LE carrying under HR-218. If you relocate to NY and it is your domicile state, you are required to get a NY permit (as a result NO RETIRED LE who have domiciles in other states, if /when they move back, relinquish their primary domicile in other states).

3. Criminals

5. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

Or a whistle!

6. hatidua

hatidua

My sympathy, and I mean that. I've not lived in NY since '90 and refuse to ever move back there or back to CA.

7. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

So you're saying that anyone who relocates into NY State has to have any handguns shipped to an FFL, and can only retrieve those handguns once they possess a NY State Handgun Permit for each weapon?

Unbelievable...

This is patently absurd logic and law... :upeyes:

What else has to be registered up there... kitchen knives, pocket knives over 2", jock straps???

I guess that job in Syracuse is going to go into the round can.

8. Glock36fs

Glock36fs

Thanks. I thinking if furloughed, I might be better off staying and working out here in OH, since all I'd be doing in NY is working also, paying significantly less in rent living at home, but then be stripped of my 2nd amendment rights. I hope I never have to return North Korea, NY.

9. ammoguy3460

ammoguy3460

Damn, if you guys think NY is bad, try coming over to England! I'm have the DT's from the separation with ALL my firearms. I long for NY.....:crying:

10. Glock36fs

Glock36fs

You think that's absurd. Check out the requirements to carry concealed in New York's Suffolk County:

CARRY – Full Carry License, for the purpose of self protection. If you are seeking a SELF PROTECTION class six (6) license, you will be required to show “proper cause” pursuant to Penal Law....You must show that you are exposed to extraordinary personal danger, documented by proof of recurrent threats to life or safety, requiring authorization to carry a firearm.... It should be noted, however, the mere fact that you have been the victim of a crime or reside or are employed in a “high crime area” does not establish “proper cause” -(word for word out of the Suffolk County Pistol license handbook)

The only thing they forgot to add in the handbook is this: This section does not include: Celebrities, Elites, Politicians, Rich, Famous or Criminals who do not require proof of proper cause as automatic FULL carry privileges are granted to without delay.

Can you imagine working in Bedford-Stuy ,a high crime area and can't carry a gun as a law-abiding citizen, with a spotless criminal record. My cousin is with the NYPD and was shot at TWICE within the first 2 weeks assigned to that area. The old saying goes, "Only in NY."

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010