close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IDPS, IPSC, and the Glock 03 Annual??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by akapennypincher, Apr 7, 2003.

1. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Anyone read the article in the Glock Annual 03 on Page 14-17?? Appears the Glock 17 is cleaning up big time in IDPA, and IPSC Competation. Too bad the article did not go into how these Winners modified, or what modification they did to their Stock Glock 17 to make then run will, but still comply with the rules.

Anyone got any first had information, on what the writer left out of the article, than being, what was done in the way of firearm modifications, as I am almost sure the Glocks were not out of the box....

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Are looking for info on the specific guns in the article or just mods commonly used in IPSC?

3. Ricky T

Ricky T Millennium Member

I can speak for the World IPSC Production class champ David Sevigny. We were in a defensive pistol class together last weekend and I asked him about the G17 that he used to win the World match. He told me he used a box, stock 17 with factory 5.5 lb connector/trigger, the actual measured pull was closer to 6 lb. David is a really nice young man, I didn't have enough G17 mags and he GAVE two of his mags and wouldn't accept any money for them.

4. Yar

Yar

I see many Glocks at IDPA and IPSC matches. Many of them are near stock. With minor changes like aftermarket sights, and a factory extended mag release. These are the most common at least at the matches I attend.

Then there are more race style glocks with tuned triggers, aftermarket sights, tungsen guiderods with aftermarket springs. You can go further and add a magwell, aftermarket extended mag releases,and a match barrel. That's pretty much all the modifications done. Just add some high caps with extensions and your ready to rock.

There are some open class Glocks, but I have only seen and handled Ryucasta's and it was still in the experimental stage. I'm sure matt could go further on these and specifics of the other mods for competition as this is his arena.

5. akapennypincher

akapennypincher Glock-O-Holic

Question answered to my satisfaction

THANKS....

P.S. Yar love you Avatar, and is the a 6.5 OZ. bottle of Classic Coca Cola you appear to be quenching your thrust with.....;)

6. lukipsc

lukipsc

Where I can find photos with aftermarket sights, I mean with novak style sights? Thanks

7. MarkP

MarkP