IDPA SO Training Class - Saturday, February 20th - Sellersburg, Indiana

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by TreehugginGlock, Jan 10, 2010.

1. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Hello, folks. Hope you have all had a wonderful holiday season and are ready to have a great new year.

I just wanted to remind you all that Silvercreek Conservation Club's IDPA Club in Sellersburg, Indiana, will be hosting a Safety Officer Training Class on Saturday, February 20th. Cost of the course is only $35 and will include lunch. Classroom and practical training will be completed in one day and will be taught by our own Area Coodinator, Jeff Brown.

If you're debating about if you would like to be an SO or not, remember, those that SO the Silvercreek IDPA club's monthly matches, shoot for free that day. That can add up to some significant savings if you SO several matches. Plus, you'll win my appreciation for the help with our matches. Our next match will be the first Saturday in March.

Please email me if you would like to attend the class as soon as possible. I need to get a head count for lunch.

See you then,

Leigh Ann Jeter
    IDPA Match Director
    Silvercreek Conservation Club
    Sellersburg, Indiana
    www.silvercreekcc.org

2. seanmcp

seanmcp CLM

I just need to come out and see the site someday. Sounds like that'd be a bad one to come by, tho, since I know I won't have time to do any SO duties this year *sigh* Are there any 'Come On In' days for nearby 'fairly-recently-transplanted shooters' to get introduced to the SCC?

3. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

sean....You need to go meet/see LeighAnn...and Silvercreek.
    No better place to shoot or person to shoot with.(period)
    If you're close to Silvercreek and not wearin' it out you are missin' it, son.

4. seanmcp

seanmcp CLM

Rikki, thanks :) I used to cover front desk at Julie's and was there for the glock matches and the weeknight combat shoots, so I know oodles of people I never get to see due to a hectic work schedule. That's a big reason I'm hoping to run over there on a good day to get acquainted with the facility; it's closer and nicer than kcr for me (that's close for my dad tho so I'll keep my membership there, too, as we go shoot). Hopefully there'll be a good meetngreet day at scc sometime soon when I can stop by :)

5. TreehugginGlock

TreehugginGlock

Hi, guys. Thanks for the compliments. I love shooting with you both.

As for SCC meet and greet, not sure what to tell you. Most of the matches are shut down for the winter and don't start back up until March.

If you're interested in checking out the club and possibly joining, you can always stop by during the day if the gate's open and stick your head in the range house. Gary Haas is usually there in the mornings hanging out and he can fill you in on the facility and how to join, etc.

If you're talking about checking out IDPA, we have our first match of the season on the first Saturday in March. You're welcome to shoot with us then or if you just want to check it out and/or watch, you're welcome to do that too.

Silvercreek offers a ton of different shooting disciplines. We shoot IDPA, USPSA, ICORE, Steel, Trap and there is talk of adding a couple of other additional options, too. Check out the website for the calendar. It is truly the best dollar you can spend if you're at all interested in participating in outdoor shooting either on your own or as part of a match.

Come on out. Would love to have you join us. Oh, and you can also join the GLIPSC Thursday night shoots at Bluegrass Indoor Range, too. (Similar to what we used to do at Ray's old place.) Every Thursday night at 6pm. Only $10. (Check out the Bluegrass Glockers Forum page for more details) Hope to see you there.

6. seanmcp

seanmcp CLM

I'll try to run by that first weekend in March, at the latest. I work way too many hours during the week proper to make it to Bluegrass and sadly it's now the 'wrong way' for me to drive (I know, it's 'closer' than SCC, since I work 14 miles from SCC and BGR is only 5 miles from downtown where I work, but I'd be moving at I65/265 speeds to get to SCC and stop & go newburg road speeds to get to BGR :) I live in Jeffersonville out towards 265, and these days every minute of 'free time' is precious. Getting home from SCC is a 10 mile, no stopping trip. Also, SCC seems like a great place from everything I've read and the folks I've seen on here (who I trust) raving about it. Thanks!

7. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

sean...I know you worked the desk at Ray and Julies- never felt "at risk" when you were there-think it'd be great for you to hook up@ Silvercreek.
    I'd pop in and shoot there daily if I was closer.
    But I got Grandkids, so I got this whole new world of stuff to do with them-
    not much triggertime, I did get to go to CrossKeys Bvd and shoot in the Ky St Police Invitational a month or so ago...my lack of practice showed!