IDPA guys. Can't run a trigger in ESP? o.0

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by Cpt.America, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

So I don't know if this is brand new in this year's rule book, or maybe I just didn't notice from last year's, but take a look at this rule listing in the excluded modifications:

Does this mean you cannot run a drop in trigger that doesn't use an OEM trigger shoe? Seems just totally silly. I emailed IDPA, but I can't imagine I would get a response any time soon.

2. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Trigger shoes have a different meaning to "older shooters". A trigger shoe was a wide trigger add-on used by PPC and Bullseye shooters. I assume it was to give a wider, better trigger feel. The problem is that it made them wider than the trigger guard, which obviously adds a safety issue, especially for guns that are to be holstered in holsters designed to cover, secure the trigger guard. I believe this is what IDPA is referring to.

To be honest, I'm not sure if referring to the physical trigger as a trigger shoe has ever been adopted by a firearms manufacturer, or if it's merely an internet jargon. :dunno:

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

See this for more:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2013/8/14/terminology-trigger-shoe/

4. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

I'm with you Bucky. I think it is an old-school definition of trigger shoe.

5. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

6. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Thanks for the replies, guy. That makes total sense. I haven't even thought about these in a LOONNGG time. For some reason, the term "trigger shoe" morphed in my head to be the actual trigger face. I.E, trigger shoe, trigger bar, etc.

I feel better now :D

Green Dragoon likes this.
  7. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

That rule has been in the IDPA book for as long as I remember. Bucky is right though, it doesn't apply to a replacement trigger like a Glockworx/Zev or Apex.

Cpt.America likes this.
  8. MajorD

MajorD

If you need a drop in trigger in your glock to stay in the a zone of an idpa target you are doing something wrong ! the stock trigger is more than adequate for every scenario I have ever seen.

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Maybe if Glock made a trigger with a trigger safety that retracted properly, people wouldn't be replacing their trigger "shoes".

10. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

There are different levels to shooting. May work for you, eventually... the stock trigger gets in your way.