close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IDPA Glock Funny

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ShaneS, Dec 2, 2006.

1. ShaneS

ShaneS Millennium Member

At the pistol club where I shoot IDPA matches, the lines of pistols used are typical with many shooting 1911s and Glocks and a few shooting Berettas, CZs, Sigs, XDs and others.

A new guy shot with us last month and had failure to feed problems at nearly every stage with his Glock 17. I don't think he was fully seating the magazine.

Several of us were standing around together watching the SO help him clear the malfunction again. One of the group asked, "What is he shooting?" Someone said, "Glock." Another concluded, "Must be the shooter!"

Everyone died laughing...I guess you had to be there.

I am amazed at how reliable Glocks are. Match after match I hardly ever see Glocks jam from anything but user error. That's the main reason I shoot them.

2. skorpio

skorpio Arsenal? Me?

Or what the shooter Dremelled, filed, bent, polished, or replaced! We've got a shooter in my USPSA and IDPA club who is a "modifier". doesn't own a gun that he can leave alone, they all NEED some form of massage by his all knowing hands.

He has fairly constant malfunctions.:upeyes:

3. RRPD1

RRPD1

Shane - what club do you shoot at?

4. HighVelocity

HighVelocity LSG #67

The only legitimate Glock failures I've seen so far have been broken trigger springs. I've seen it twice. One gun was box stock, not sure about the other.

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I repeat this so much I'm starting to sound crazy, but LIMPWRISTING is very, very likely the problem and I'm always surprised that shooters really don't seem to recognize it or the malfunctions it creates. Not seating the magazine will do it, but that is usually pretty obvious when you fire the first shot and the magazine falls out - limpwristing is much more common and harder to detect if you don't know about it.

6. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

I have a G19 that has eaten a few trigger springs... but with a little practice, the gun WILL FINISH the match! Don't ask how I know... (grin)

Pretty awesome pistol when it has a busted spring in it, and you can still finish a competition...

Never have been able to do that with a 1911...(LOL)

7. Glock2234

Glock2234

And I am so tired of hearing that knee jerk diagnosis, I'm ready to scream.

I have had a couple runs of feeding problems. Replacing all of my magazine springs did the trick without "unlimping" my wrist.

8. skorpio

skorpio Arsenal? Me?

Glock obviously does not know what they are doing. Imagine all the time and money that went into developing their product line, which has been out for, what, over twenty years now, and all this time they have had the wrong magazine springs in. Imagine that! Thousands and thousasnds of Glocks out there that could be limpwristed if good ole' Gaston would have just put your spring combo in them.

This is gonna be a heck of a factory recall...:upeyes:

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That's because the newer or stronger springs push the ammo up faster, thereby compensating for the short slide stroke you get due to limpwristing. Springs wear out, proper technique does not.

10. Falling Crow

Falling Crow NRA Life Member

Any ideas or suggestions on drills/exercises, etc. on how to break a shooter from limp wristing?

11. FireGuy

FireGuy Into The Breach CLM

I thought Limpwristing was a lifestyle choice...
    I didn't know about that mag spring to fix short strokes...:supergrin:

12. Glock2234

Glock2234

That's because the newer or stronger springs push the ammo up faster, thereby compensating for the short slide stroke you get due to limpwristing. Springs wear out, proper technique does not.

I guess either emoticons are required or LOLs.

The point is, as you said, springs wear out.

Very light loads will induce a problem that can be fixed with springs.

A reduced recoil spring can help with either light loads or the ever popular limp wristing. Identifying the causes of problems over the internet is not as easy as the one size fits all "limp wristing."

In my case, the problem was worn out springs, primarily in the 17 round magazines. I would expect that considering the possibility of worn out springs should be on the list of potential causes.

If you would like to try and get Glock to replace worn out springs on a recall, be my guest.

:tongueout: