Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im going to try idpa for first time and have a glock 17. I need a holster and mag pouch. I dont want to break the bank. I have heard alot about blade tech, but they are pricey. Is there something compariable out there that is cheaper but good quality, if thats possible. Also where are some good sites to buy idpa equipment.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The Glock Sport and Combat holster is around $13.00 and many people swear by it. In fact, there is a thread in General Glocking 2 pages long talking about it.

Their individual mag pouches run about $9.00 and are well worth checking out, too. Look for them at Midway USA.

I use their holster for IDPA and it is fantastic. There are 2 sizes, one for the larger model 20 & 21 and then one for the standard frame Glocks. Truth be told, the larger holster still holds the smaller Glocks perfectly and can be used for all their models. It'd definitely worth looking in to.

·
Bustin Caps
6,927 Posts
The Glock holsters might work okay, but the Glock mag pouches kinda suck.

My buddy bought two because he was trying to save money... he hates them. I've seen them, and wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

The Ready Tactical's are only like $19 apiece, and they are STRONGLY liked by many top shooters. I just bought two of them, and love 'em (I previously used a Fobus double for the last year).

·
Registered
786 Posts
The injection molded Blade Tech holster is $27.95 and a double mag pouch is $20.95....

+++1

This is the very best option for folks on a budget.

And that gear will allow you to play the game with the G34/35 or even the Baby Glocks -if you want to change it up from time to time.

·
Some Dude
567 Posts
The Glock Sport/Combat holster is awesome, at any price... I've got a couple Blade-Techs (the kydex pricier one as well as the injection molded Revolution too) that I don't really even use anymore because of how good the Sport/Combat works (I've had Comp-Tacs and Kytacs in the past too).
I compete, but I don't want to get so carried away with gaming aspect that I'm not really reinforcing my real-world skills, I'd never carry with the Blade-Tech, Comp-Tac or Kytac as It'd be more low-key to just wear a bright orange hat that said "I've got a gun on my hip!", but the Sport/Combat holds the gun higher and tighter than anything I've found at any price, it's the only OWB I ever use for CCW out in the world yet it still works as well as the others in competition.
As for the Sport/Combat mag holders, guess I'm on the fence, I actually think they work pretty good, but getting the mags IN is harder than some others so it can just be a little less convenient when you're counting rounds and getting set in-between strings while on a COF sometimes. I still use my Blade-Tech dbl mag pouch, but they're really the same performance-wise.

All around, the Blade-Tech Revolution/5.11/Injection molded stuff is great for the money, so if you're not sold on using the Glock Sport/Combat stuff then I'd recommend that. You can get the holster from ombexpress.com in the clearance section for $20 with shipping and either them or botachtactical.com has the matching dbl mag pouches at $20 as well. Don't let anyone tell you the lower-end Blade-Tech stuff isn't legal for IDPA, it is, they just don't state that on their site and then DO state it with their more expensive stuff, so a lot of guys get confused. Is the pricier real kydex Blade-Tech stuff slightly better? yeah. Is it worth costing more than double the injection molded stuff? no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.