Idiot at the grocery store

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by czsmithGT, Apr 8, 2020.

1. BoomBoomStik

BoomBoomStik

If OP isn’t dead in a week, I will be shocked. I can’t believe the nerve of some people. If you don’t have the decency to stay outside of my perimeter (clearly marked by the 12’ diameter hula-hoop I wear around my waist) and not breath on the items that I may consider purchasing (possibly, maybe), then just stay home so the rest of us can survive. Good lord

PatinAz and Quijibo like this.
  2. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

I wear gloves at work because all the hand sanitizer (and all the other chemicals I work with) destroys my skin. I use the sanitizer on the gloves. I don't wear a mask, I'm not sick. If I was sick, I'd stay home. If I was so worried about getting sick that I walked around in a constant state of panic, I'd stay home.
    So, everyone is "stupid" if they don't feel as you do (sound familiar?). This is just another thing that can kill you, what are you going to worry about when this dies down? Is this the new "normal" for some folks?
    If someone tells me that they think I'm doing something "stupid" I hope they don't get too awfully offended when I tell them to Go F themselves.

akpls likes this.

3. PatinAz

PatinAz

Do you honestly believe all the items on the shelves are sterile and have not passed through, probably, dozens of hands before ending up there?

I thought this was a parody thread. Apparently it's not. I've witnessed so much false senses of security out there. One cashier was wearing latex gloves with the fingertips blown out.

Practice good hygiene and go about your day.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  4. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    gloves are over rated

5. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

As long as she didn't open it up then return it to case I could care less:chatter:

6. rainman33

rainman33

Do you understand that you will likely get this virus? What we’re trying to do as a society is slow the spread, but it’s likely we’ll reach herd immunity before a vaccine is available.
    So, do what you can, but don’t go full retard.

7. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    I'm concerned about the GF. She is a bit distracted after her son's death from brain cancer 3 weeks ago.
    We went out for a walk and she saw Amazon packages on the neighbor's stoop. She went to move them out of sight, I said use your foot, don't touch them. As usual, she ignored me and picked them up. I scolded her, and went back to get sanitizer.

Today she got a box with a gift in it. I saw it sitting on the kitchen counter. "Did you wipe it down?" "Oops, no" she says. I said wash your hands. Then she moves the box onto the kitchen table for no good reason. The same table where she opens the mail.

I've asked her to take all mail and packages directly to the back patio table. I think I'll be safer on the plane home Friday than I am here.

SevenSixtyTwo and wyntrout like this.
  8. bdcochran

bdcochran

Only if she wasn't hot!:couch:

9. bdcochran

bdcochran

Yes. Especially when she picks up the kitchen knife!:ender:

10. norton

norton

If you are that susceptible to the virus then you should have someone else do your shopping for you. I do this for my 88 year old mother in law.
    I hope someone will step up to the plate and help out.

11. chuck73080

chuck73080

Yeah, but there was only 1, right?

Ramjet38 likes this.
  12. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

13. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

'Hadn't even occurred to me until this thread: bacon
    I am very picky about the meat-to-fat ratio of bacon.

*sigh*

wyntrout likes this.
  14. wyntrout

wyntrout

I use gloves and disinfect the gloves between uses and then wash my hands as well when I doff the gloves. I use Lysol for my gloves and the bottom of my shoes/clogs before getting into our vehicles.
    The only thing that would bother me much is going to a doctor or somewhere that I had to SIT down. I wiped the armrests with sanitizer wipes at my last appointment... and had a guy come sit in front of me. I was nearer the check-in area when I saw this guy with a mask. He told the receptionist that he had been on a cruise and gotten sick!
    I moved as far away from that area as I could and then he came over and sat in front of me! :eek: THEN, an old lady with a mask on asked if the seat next to me was taken, I said no and she sat down. I'm almost 74 and she must have been 80+!
    This was over a month ago, so I'm OK so far. My wife and I are really only going out to top off groceries once a week or so and being very careful... lots of Wet Ones and Lysol spray and using whatever disinfectant supplies are available at the stores.
    No use of masks and gloves in-store, yet, but we're about to start that soon. I do have some N95 and plenty of gloves, but want to make up some masks for us. I got the N95's years ago for yard work use... lots of allergy stuff in yard work!

15. helidude350

helidude350

Social distancing

I wouldn’t touch you with a 39 and a half foot pole

16. helidude350

helidude350

I’m not touching you!!!!

Upgrayedd likes this.
  17. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

classic-sibling-arguments-hes-breathing-my-air-shes-touching-me-26432232.png

18. ray9898

ray9898

I was at the grocery store a few days ago and had a chance to do some great people watching. 95% of those wearing PPE were either wearing it incorrectly so it had little benefit if any or doing something stupid like touching their face with gloves they had worn for who knows how long.

The one guy in line who was talking the loudest to the cashier about how he is 'taking no chances' was wearing some homemade mask so loose I could see his lips and he kept rubbing his eye with his gloved hand.

larry_minn likes this.
  19. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

This. I feel I’m safer when going in public. (Helps it’s 2 weeks between). Wash before, don’t touch anything on my face, hands good. (Last night I cut up my hands) minor cuts, scrapes. But today I would wear gloves because my hands are compromised. @2 days they will be fine.
    Wash your face before leaving home. Rub nose before getting out of car. Wash hands before touching face again.

20. UncleDave

UncleDave

The chances the old lady actually has the virus are slim (unless she lives in a nursing home!).

It's almost comical that many who are at high risk of dying from influenza don't usually do anything to protect themselves from that, either (including not getting immunized), and for decades nobody has batted an eye over it, or wore masks or gloves in public during flu season. Yes, it is a very good idea to do so during this novel coronavirus pandemic, but once this is all "over," how many people are going to be permanently paranoid and continue to wear masks and gloves everywhere they go for the foreseeable future, for fear of the unknown?

What else is weird is that (around here, at least) Millennials, who are often chastised for being afraid of everything, seem to be the ones who aren't wearing masks/gloves or social distancing. Seems out of character.