Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
Or the idiots that carry them inside the waistband with no holster. Not to mention those who feel it necessary to do cartwheels without a secure holster. I do hate the trigger safety because it is so easy to get a shirt caught in the trigger guard while reholstering.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Yep. The beer was one of the first things I noticed.

From the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51768454

"I was clearly intoxicated, but the fact of the matter is... guns are not a toy. They are not to be messed with," he said later, in a filmed apology.

Reimer is a popular personality on YouTube and Twitter, and had more than 100,000 followers on Twitch - the Amazon-owned live streaming platform - before being suspended.

In the live footage, Reimer is seen playing Call of Duty, before pausing to pretend to threaten someone with his handgun. He appeared to empty the chamber, but a bullet remained.

No-one was harmed in the incident in which the bullet tore through a metal cup, ricocheted and destroyed a computer monitor.

·
Registered
27,090 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
"I swear to god, I just emptied the mag!"

Well, NOW you did... What a maroon. :rolleyes:

-Pat
Nah, he just liked the second round in the magazine better! :innocent:

Reactions: ERASER

·
emeritus
3,898 Posts
There are many takeaways from this thread but I will comment on the one that I always look for and a subject much talked about on GT, hearing.

Yes, it's loud. Yes, it creates hearing loss. I know. But some on GT (most all who probably never had to do it) make it out like it's paralyzing. It's not. Look at this clown's reaction. There are hundreds more like it.

·
NRA Life Member
66,567 Posts
Or the idiots that carry them inside the waistband with no holster. Not to mention those who feel it necessary to do cartwheels without a secure holster. I do hate the trigger safety because it is so easy to get a shirt caught in the trigger guard while reholstering.
Carrying them inside the waistband with no holster won't make them fire unless you pull the trigger and neither will dropping them if you "do cartwheels without a secure holster," unless it's a really old design, carried in the wrong condition.

Reactions: Quijibo and Rotn1

·
The eBay Guy
21,363 Posts
There are many takeaways from this thread but I will comment on the one that I always look for and a subject much talked about on GT, hearing.

Yes, it's loud. Yes, it creates hearing loss. I know. But some on GT (most all who probably never had to do it) make it out like it's paralyzing. It's not. Look at this clown's reaction. There are hundreds more like it.
Agreed. I have had the argument with many of them. There are some members that are fully under the impression that firing a gun indoors will result in immediate 100% hearing loss and blood gushing from their ears...

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
Carrying them inside the waistband with no holster won't make them fire unless you pull the trigger and neither will dropping them if you "do cartwheels without a secure holster," unless it's a really old design, carried in the wrong condition.
It's not the guns fault, but it's reality that Glocks and other striker-fired, no manual safety guns are a lot less forgiving of stupidity than other designs.
That said, no firearm is idiot proof.
The error captured in this video, "clearing" the chamber, before you drop the mag, is a classic/common issue ..

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
Agreed. I have had the argument with many of them. There are some members that are fully under the impression that firing a gun indoors will result in immediate 100% hearing loss and blood gushing from their ears...
I was in the room for a negligent discharge with a 12 gauge...
So was my mom.. she was inches from the muzzle. I was probably 15 feet away

Mom got permanent hearing loss..

Crazy uncle Harold... Fun times....

1 - 20 of 75 Posts