close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Identify this knife

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Delta, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

The info I have on this knife is it was made by
    Robert Rippy It is marked only with 0 on one side and a R on the other. It is a prototype and it was one of 24 made that is it.
    I cannot find any info through the internet on this one!

All help will be appreciated.

All offers considered

Bill

bbechtel@airmail.net

2. SoDFW Jason

SoDFW Jason Slow Hillbilly

I made that in my garage!! Weren't you supposed to give me your G30 for it?

3. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

In your dreams ........>>>>> Ole buddy. My G-30 goes everywhere with me. If I could get away with it, this knife would go with me too.

I got it on trade in a gun deal......

4. smeet5150

smeet5150 Southern Son

I dunno who made the knife Delta, but it sure is nice. Does it feel as high quality as it looks?

Smeet

5. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

Oh YEAH

Robert Rippy made this knife, it is one piece of work let me tell you; the picture does not do this knife justice. It is razor sharp and to be honest I don't think it has been used for cutting, since it was made.
    I mean it was the first one stamped 0, the prototype, then only 24 were made I believe. I tryed to find him, through the internet and custom knife makers. No go yet

I have checked on the internet and through my network I have, they have not seen one like this in along time.
    It is custom to say the least, and it is FOR SALE. Any of you knife experts interested, make me an offer. I am in the Xmas spirit today.

Bill

6. Gluck

Gluck

"It's worth what someone will pay for it.":) That's what somebody told my brother-in-law about a rare coin he found. They suggested that he put it on e-bay with an ultra-high reserve just to see how much it would go for. It may cost you a couple bucks to list it with e-bay, I don't know how the charges work. Nice looking knife though.

7. Hunter16

Hunter16 CLM

Delta,

That is one sweet looking knife. Just a thought, go to Knifeauctions.Net and search or ask someone there for possible assistance in gathering info on this custon knife maker.

Hunter16

8. boondock

boondock

Your knife looks very similar to a knife maker design located in Idaho,I am in Utah and have seen close to at a local gunshow, I have a flier on his knives somewhere, what got me interested is the same style grips and finish on the blade, a friend of mine has purchased a few of his knives and all come with kydex style sheaths but I hear from him that leather was an option. I will attempt to locate the flier but I know a quick search with Idaho knifemakers might be alot faster in hopes to identify your knife. Boondock

9. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

I sent some pictures out to Chris Reeves and various other knife makers in the US. They have agreed that this is a Robert Rippy knife but know one can tell me if they have seen any of these knives still in operation.
    I surely have not seen any like this one for sale anywhere.

I do believe I have a genuine collector. The edge has been untouched since the day it was made. No sharpening marks of anykind on any part of the blade. It is still sharp as all get out.

I have not given up, trying to get information on the knife itself, and I am trying to track down the maker, not much luck yet but I am getting there.

Until then it sits in the safe with the other weapons.

Thanks for the replies and Thanks for looking

Bill