Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
23,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few years ago I built a heavy duty picnic table for the back yard. All 2x6 pressure treated 7'6" long. It was a PITA to move by myself, and dug up what passes for my lawn if I dragged it. So I added some wheels on the legs...now easy to move to mow, pull it into the shade or sunshine depending on what you want. Sometimes I pull it up close to the back door to use as a work bench. Just gotta make sure 3 or 4 fat folks don't sit on the same side all at once.
Post a pic of your improvement ideas that worked as planned here to share with those with less imagination.

Picnic Wheels.jpg

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
Never had a good idea but do have a lot that never worked out.

Will add this one that might be a good idea, at least worked well for me. Bought a cheap tool cart just top and bottom shelf to use in the yard when I'm doing something to keep tools and parts on.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,153 Posts
My left mouse key was misfiring due to light strikes. I built it up with some super glue, now fires 100%. Doesn't show in pics. :drink:

·
Unmasked
5,576 Posts
Few years ago I built a heavy duty picnic table for the back yard. All 2x6 pressure treated 7'6" long. It was a PITA to move by myself, and dug up what passes for my lawn if I dragged it. So I added some wheels on the legs...now easy to move to mow, pull it into the shade or sunshine depending on what you want. Sometimes I pull it up close to the back door to use as a work bench. Just gotta make sure 3 or 4 fat folks don't sit on the same side all at once.
Post a pic of your improvement ideas that worked as planned here to share with those with less imagination.

View attachment 745440
You should have put a V8 on it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice idea on the picnic table!

I had built an elevated playhouse for the kids at least 25 years ago. It had become an eyesore and the wife wanted me to tear it down. Instead I had a buddy help me get it lowered with his skid-steer and I made my wife a "She Shed" out of it. I had to open up the door entrance another foot and replaced some of the siding. I think it turned out nice. She uses it as a garden shed and keeps her bluebird stuff in it. Think I'll add some window boxes and maybe shrubs, etc at some point.

IMG_4242 med.JPG IMG_4238 med.JPG View attachment 745516 IMG_4576 med.JPG

·
Unmasked
5,576 Posts
Can I play?

Installed my air compressor in the basement, because it won't start in cold weather. The oil is too thick when it is cold out.

I ran black pipe out through the wall into the garage.

In the garage I have an on-off switch, a pressure gauge and two air quick disconnects.

(For some reason there is a sideways picture that I can't seem to edit out.)

Attachments

·
Native Mainiac
23,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can I play?
I like that idea. I've been thinking of doing the same type deal and have an air connection by the garden hose bib at the front of the house for dealing with tires. Too much of a PITA to drag the thing out, so most of the time I just use the little cigarette lighter powered unit that takes forever and a day to press up the truck tires.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,962 Posts
Nice idea on the picnic table!

I had built an elevated playhouse for the kids at least 25 years ago. It had become an eyesore and the wife wanted me to tear it down. Instead I had a buddy help me get it lowered with his skid-steer and I made my wife a "She Shed" out of it. I had to open up the door entrance another foot and replaced some of the siding. I think it turned out nice. She uses it as a garden shed and keeps her bluebird stuff in it. Think I'll add some window boxes and maybe shrubs, etc at some point.

View attachment 745512 View attachment 745514 View attachment 745516
Heck... where I lived in NM, a family of 4 would have lived in it

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
I cured myself of bad headaches and indigestion once by throwing out all my Windows computers.
Does that count?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

View attachment 745440
looks nice but looks like a lot of work. have to put 1 of my son-in- laws on the case.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

View attachment 745440
Dollar bill??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts