close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Idea for groomsman gifts

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jwinter, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Jwinter

Jwinter

Need ideas for groomsman gifts? What do you suggest?

2. JeepsterChris

JeepsterChris Jeepster Maniac

I gave my groomsmen each a small Humidor with a few nice cigars in them. My best friend gave us all engraved pocket knives and engraved business card holders. Another friend gave nice engrave flasks. Do whatever you think your gents will use and remember.

3. farley45

farley45

What was engraved on the knives?

4. JeepsterChris

JeepsterChris Jeepster Maniac

Our initials. Full name on the business card holders.

5. farley45

farley45

Very cool, I like the idea of the knives.

6. NateIU10

NateIU10 Baltimore Glock

Buddy just got back from a wedding last month where the gifts were bottles of Rye Whiskey. They had a batch bottled for the reception with the bride and groom's names and bottle number on the labels. It was pretty cool and unique IMO.

Knives, flasks, etc are good fallbacks, but they've been done to death IMO, so if anyone in your wedding party that gets a gift has been to a wedding recently, make sure you're not doubling up.

7. fyrecrotch

fyrecrotch

When I received a knife as a groomsmen gift it had my last name on it. Nothing too fancy but hella sharp and something I could carry and use each day.... a great gift.

Don't sweat this. None of your mates should be groomsmen so they can go home with swag. They're doing it so you'll stop crashing on their couches.:tongueout:

8. gunman_23

gunman_23 GOOGLE IT

For my groomsmen that are police and mil, I bought them Gould and Goodrich shoulder holsters.
    For my guys that arent into guns, I got them engraved pocket knives.

9. robinsok

robinsok

I gave my Groomsem each a Fenix flashlight at my wedding this past june.. They seemed to like them, not sure if some of them realized how much a small flashlight can cost, haha.

10. KinderGlocken

KinderGlocken

I don't drink so a flask or booz would be lost on me. I think a cool pocket knife sounds good. What guy doesn't like knives?

11. XDRoX

XDRoX

I got mine a mount blanc pen from costco. They were $109 each while other stores sell them for around $200. I had 4 groomsmen.
    My wife gave hers earrings from Tiffany.

12. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

Swiss Army knives with names/initials are great gifts. There's a website that caters to them, sorry no link.

13. fyrecrotch

fyrecrotch

How about something classy yet not overdone:

A Woodman's Pal (#284), a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide, and a note that reads "The wife thinks she's won but I've found someone to subsidize my ammo. See you at the range in a few weeks." :rofl:

14. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

Yes yes... laugh at me, but I got my groomsmen all WWII era style K-Bars along with some personalized dog tags with a different Latin word on each one. I was able to get the knives at a really great price thanks to my Dad, and the dog tags were simple to order, personal, are surprisingly nice, and super cheap especially when bought in (semi) bulk.

My brother is a Marine and obviously he doesn't wear the dog tag on a regular basis like the other groomsmen, but he admits he really likes the K-bar and is currently carrying it in Afghanistan.

But the third part of my gift was definitely the most worth while I think. It was a handwritten letter to each one of my groomsmen. I know, VERY VERY uber cheesy, but they all liked that part of the gift the most.

Anyways, those are three ideas. I've received a nice little engraved Case knife from one of my best friends for his wedding, and another good friend gave me a Zippo which I find to be totally cliche but still pretty practical. I carry both pretty much constantly, so I guess I can't complain.

OF COURSE - You must provide your groomsmen with a variety of nice cigars you can all smoke during the festive night before the wedding. I personally recommend Padron 1926's, a Churchill size should work in a pinch. If you can't find Padrons you might try Opus X, Fuente Shark, Oliva serie V, Don Pepin My Father... lots of good options.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  15. fyrecrotch

fyrecrotch

Not laughing. Good post^

16. CU4X4N

CU4X4N 5th of November

My buddy got these for us:

[​IMG]

Louisville Golf Persimmon Wood putters with our name's engraved on them.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  17. okie

okie GT Mayor

18. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Ummm, I think those would be referred to as traditional items. Is dancing at the reception and throwing the flowers stuff that has been done to death also?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  19. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

My brother gave us all engraved pocket watches. I didn't even think to grab mine when I got dressed, until I noticed the other guys had theirs clipped to their vest as we were lounging around waiting for everything to start up.

20. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Hey Okie, you beat me to it.