ICE Detains British Family on Holiday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HalfHazzard, Oct 16, 2019.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

[​IMG]

"A photo of Boundary Road, Blaine, Washington, where the Connors said they swerved from. The US and Canada are separated here by several meter of grass between two roads

The family said they were driving near the border when they swerved to dodge an animal, and drove down an unmarked road that they later discovered was US territory. US officials have disputed this, telling Insider the family was seen on surveillance video “slowly and deliberately” driving through a ditch and entering the US illegally.

https://www.businessinsider.my/british-family-deported-after-wrong-turn-ice-detention-2019-10/ "

tuica likes this.
  2. Blanton

Blanton

Why people make comments and opinions based on initial press releases designed to inflame emotions before any real facts emerge is beyond me. Once these other facts emerged the picture changed dramatically.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Tvov likes this.

3. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

Because the "news" media, about a decade ago, ceased providing information for you to make a decision and started slanting information to change your decision.

Used to be called propaganda.

Now it's called BBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, etc.

sas-G19 and tuica like this.
  4. thewitt

thewitt

Those pesky surveillance videos again...

5. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

6. Scouse

Scouse

A Gypsey, many years ago, knocked on the front door of our little row house in a suburb of St Helens, Lancashire England. She told my wife, that she would travel the World, in an Ocean Liner. She also said her daughter would suffer from the same hip problem she has.
    All statements that would come to pass.
    The packet of wooden clothes pegs she bought, lasted for years!
    I believe that the Gypseys originally migrated from India, into Europe. Centurys ago. Prior to travelling by motor vehicles, their horse-drawn caravans were much decorated and painted, jangled as they moved by. The English Family that this story is about, due to the inherent honesty that Americans are known for (That Gypseys are not!) will get there $16,000 back and deported back to England.