Ibanez and Line6

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by YukonGlocker, Mar 7, 2007.

1. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker

I'm thinking about purchasing a new guitar and amp. I was just curious what you guys thought about these items.

Ibanez ARX120
    http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=ARX120

Line6 Spider III 75
    http://line6.com/spideriii/75.html

They are about $300 each. I'm wanting something kind of inexpensive; but decent quality stuff. Something that will allow me to play just about anything. My last rig was a Gibson SG with a Marshall MG50DFX. I really like the SG, but I can't afford another one. I like the MG50 also, but I would like an amp with a few more features to play with.
    Thanks.

2. LiberalHater

LiberalHater V.R.W.C.

Yukon,

I am just a noob hacker trying to pick up the guitar at age 35, but I got a great deal on a Line 6 Spider II yesterday at Guitar Center here in Kansas City, MO. It was the last of the Spider II's and I got it with a B-52 LG-412 cabinet for $320 out the door!!!!! The cab alone normally goes for $350 with the 400 watt, 4, 12" subs in it.

I am no expert, but it thunders!!! I love the effects, now I don't need my DS-1 Boss distortion pedal anymore.

The only thing I saw different on the Spider III's was a built in tuner and more presets for storing effects. I think it had a few more built in effects, but don't quote me.

All in all, I think the cab and head sound great to a noob like myself. Just one guys opinion.

Lib

3. Chinaman Dan

Chinaman Dan

I am a big Line6 fan, for digital signal vs. tone they are top of the line. The Spider amps give you the no confusion controls to a bunch of great tones.

As for the Ibanez, I believe that $300 is a little much. I bought a new Ibanez Prestige (when they were made in Japan) for $400 and it is still an incredible instrument, but I played it before I bought it to make sure it wasn't a lemon.

4. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker