Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been carrying an XDs 9mm in a Vedder iwb Light Tuck, but I’ve never been very comfortable shooting it. This CZ is a tremendous improvement, at least for me.

My question is, while I’ve become accustomed to carrying The XDs iwb with Vedder, this CZ, (have I mentioned how awesome it is?) is quite a bit wider. Can I effectively carry and conceal it in a Vedder Light tuck as well, or do I need to move to owb?

As an aside, can anyone suggest new grip panels? These checkered rubber panels will work, but I can’t help but believe that I can do better.

·
Registered
381 Posts
www.cajungunworks.com for your grips or anything else for your CZ.

As to the holster, Vedder makes a Lite Tuck for your CZ, but you probably know that already. Whether or not you can use it comfortably with a wider gun is something only you can answer. And the only way to do it is by doing it.
Or just go OWB and be done with it. Many guys here carry larger pistols than yours OWB with no issue- maybe it will solve an issue for you.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My question is, while I’ve become accustomed to carrying The XDs iwb with Vedder, this CZ, (have I mentioned how awesome it is?) is quite a bit wider. Can I effectively carry and conceal it in a Vedder Light tuck as well, or do I need to move to owb?
I effectively carry and conceal a Glock 20 IWB. It can be done. But you have to want it.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I carry a G21 in the winter months OWB some days and it is very comfortable. I am really sold on the Crossbreed SuperTuck and carry either a G30 or a G23 regularly in them. I don’t own a Vedder holster but I own virtually every other holster so it seems.
I had one takeaway from your post though you want to be really comfortable with whatever gun you are going to carry. The CZ is a great pistol, just shoot it a lot and get very proficient with it or any other gun you will carry. Good luck on your decision.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve just never been able to warm up to striker fired pistols, and the XD line in particular. I’m not comfortable shooting it, frankly, because I don’t shoot it well, and many times I just end up harrying my snubbie GP100 in an owb Kramer scabbard.

One thing I have found, however is that I really enjoy carrying IWB with that Vedder. I just wasn‘t sure if a wider pistol will carry IWB as well as the skinny XDs.

·
Come on man!!
19,303 Posts
But you have to want it.
That's one of the most simple yet accurate sentence about ccw that I've ever heard.

One has to want to carry and want to carry a gun that makes carrying easy and comfortable enough to not dissuade carrying.

For me, that's not a metal framed DA/SA gun.

I’ve just never been able to warm up to striker fired pistols, and the XD line in particular. I’m not comfortable shooting it, frankly, because I don’t shoot it well, and many times I just end up harrying my snubbie GP100 in an owb Kramer scabbard.

One thing I have found, however is that I really enjoy carrying IWB with that Vedder. I just wasn‘t sure if a wider pistol will carry IWB as well as the skinny XDs.
No, a wide pistol will not carry as well as a skinnier one.

I briefly carried a CZ75B when I went through my nostalgic phase. It was just to big and heavy for aiwb when all I was doing was ccw as a civilian.

Have you tried one of the Sig P365 guns with a straight trigger? Its a huge step up from a Glock trigger and the size and weight of the gun makes carrying so much easier and more comfortable.

I went from an LCP in my front pocket and. G19 aiwb to a Sig P365 sas in the pocket and a p365X AIWB and its so much better than what I carried before.

And you're going to think I'm lying, but I swear this is true, the small P365X can easily stay in the A zone at 50 yards. And it's a very easy gun to control.

·
Premium Member
10,183 Posts
I carry the CZ P-01 OWB, have been for 20 years, but others I know have used IWB with it and your CZ is a bit slimmer I believe, so an IWB should work for you. Plenty of holsters for it out there so you may have a bit of searching to do. You have one fine CCW there.
Photograph Light Trigger Air gun Gun barrel

·
Man, I'm Pretty
32,214 Posts
I carry IWB almost exclusively including a CZ P01 and a Beretta 92 Compact which is a bit heavier than the CZ.

I have a number of Vedder Light Tucks but unless I am going to conceal with a tucked in shirt I prefer the JMCK #3. Let me add that the only two guns I ever carry IWB with a tucked in shirt are my Ruger LCP MAX and my SIG P365 XL and both would be in Vedder Light Tucks.

Overall I think the JMCK is the superior holster.

Normally if I can’t carry IWB without tucking in my shirt I just carry the LCP MAX in an Alabama pocket holster.

Reactions: jame
1 - 10 of 10 Posts