I wish Beretta would make a CX4 Storm in 5.7x28mm

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cdflippin, Feb 14, 2010.

1. cdflippin

cdflippin Sasquatch

I got a little trigger time today & I only took 2 guns. My Beretta Storm CX4 in 40 & my new FN Five-seveN. Would anyone else love to see the 5.7 cartridge in the CX4 platform? Would it be practical? I know I could get the PS90 or an AR57 but I just love the design of the Storm!

2. Ridgeway

Ridgeway

ps90 > cx4

I don't see any advantage to a the cx4 platform over the p90 in 5.7. Not really a big cx4 fan.
    plus 50 rd mag on a p90 versus using pistol mags in the grip- I'll take the former

3. sigcalcatrant

sigcalcatrant

Is the 5.7 X 28mm to long to fit in the magazine? Even if it would fit, the recoil impulse isn't strong enough to cycle the slide. It would have to be changed to either a blowback or, more likely, a delayed blow back design.

4. AZ Jeff

AZ Jeff

I have a BETTER idea--how about a CX-4 Storm in .357 SIG? It would be an EASY conversion--just a new barrel. And, it would allow the .357 SIG cartridge to show it's full velocity potential.

5. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I'd like to see most any guns chambered for the round in addition to the current guns. I have the pistol but I'd like to see a little carbine or even bolt action for the round.

6. -gunut-

-gunut-

What would be the benefit? Or is it just a "because" thing?

7. space_weazel

space_weazel

I would like the PS90 to be chambered for 5.56x45, or 5.45x39, I guess I'll keep waiting.....

I own a PS90 and a CX4 I don't understand why the longer, heavier CX4 needs to be re-chambered when there is already a smaller more cleaver carbine available?

8. oldnoob

oldnoob

I wish EVERY manufacture start to use 5.7 round in their platform. A 5.7 in Glock, USP, Sig Pro...etc. If 5.7 round get popular in muti-platform, then its price might be able to press down to 22mag level or lower. 5.7 is a fun caliber and I know some recoil sensitive shooters will love to use that instead of 380 as defense round.

9. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    As long as your wishing how about a bullpup design in a popular pistol cartridge? Either 45acp or 9mm or so

10. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Cost.
    I haven't noticed lately but the PS90 did cost more than two CX4s.

11. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Now the PLR would be cool in a pistol caliber or the 5.7x28.
    Say a 9mm using UZI 32 round magazines.:supergrin:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

That's pretty funny... I've been wishing for a while now that FN would come out with a PS-90 in 9x19mm...

I wish it would just go away like .357 Sig.

We've already seen what it does in soft tissue... 57% of casualties non-fatal.

13. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

A while back I bought a CZ 527 bolt action rifle in 7.62x39. It's a very nice, small rifle. I think the 527 would make a nice size, accurate 5.7.

The big problem is no one makes new brass and the once fired brass is very hard to get and expensive. If there were more guns made in the caliber maybe the big outfits like Star Line would make the brass available for re-loaders.

14. Brucev

Brucev

From what I recall reading, I can't see that the 5.7 offers anything significant beyond (in its original loading) penetration on typical body armor. As available for civilian use, the 5.7 is a boutique caliber. It is chambered in a pistol that beyond capacity offers less than inspiring accuracy and no real advantage for cc. Unless and until the 5.7 becomes available in a larger variety of handguns/rifles produced by more than a single manufacturer, it will remain a boutique caliber. JMHO. Sincerely. Brucev.

15. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

It's been a while since I've had my CX4 apart, but IIRC it is a blowback design.

Beretta is not big on adopting new calibers. No 10mms, no PX4 in .357 Sig. In fact I think the only reason for the PX4 in .45 was because of the now cancelled JCP program.

16. cdflippin

cdflippin Sasquatch

Thought I would share a little pic.
    [​IMG]

17. ROG

ROG

According to news reports most of the wounded survivors at Fort Hood were shot in extremities. But regardless, it is also true that the vast majority of victims (680+) in the Oklahoma City bombing survived. That does not mean a bomb is an ineffective means of killing someone.

But if you like, we can compare Fort Hood to incidents where other bullets were used. The Columbine massacre involved roughly twice as many rounds fired (mostly 9mm), and resulted in an almost identical number of dead. The Virginia Tech massacre (also 9mm) resulted in about twice as many dead, but the victims were shot roughly twice as many times as the Fort Hood victims. The North Hollywood bank robbery (mostly 7.62x39mm) resulted in a large number of wounded and no fatalities at all.