close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

i will not loss sleep over all this AWB crap

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by lunarspeak, Dec 23, 2012.

1. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

i dont want a ban, and i myself love the dreaded " BLACK RIFLE" but some of you guys are freaking out to much..

if it happens it happens but the gunstores will still be open the next day...and if i cant spend a grand on a AR ill spend it on a good bolt action with a nice peice of glass..or a lever action with a nice trigger job..

some idiot told me today that the goverment wants him to be defenseless in whitch i said "you can always buy something other then a semi"..he looked at me like i was speaking russian..he couldnt fathom it

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

Oh it is gonna get hot in here I think :)

Objectively you are right, shooting sports and self defense won't go away totally with a new AWB. They did not last time. But it is not a concession that needs to be made.

3. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

If you typed it, I see why he couldn't. Punctuate. Capitalize the first letter of a sentence. Learn the correct use of they're/there/their. Learn the correct use of which/witch. Learn lose versus loss. What happens with no grandfather clause? What happens when they don't stop at AR's?

Red

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  4. NickC50310

NickC50310

I dont see how it could even pass the senate or the house. As dumb as obama is with his skirting of the law i seriously doubt he could issue some sort of executive order or if he could that it couldnt promptly be overturned. So how does a new awb happen?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

Personally I think they are too dopey to get anything done... The hard liner anti crowd will go too far with their demands, the more reasonable anti gun crowd will attach too much other legislation to what they try to pass, and the pro second amendment crowd will (hopefully) slow down the train wreck and let the usual outcome prevail...nothing.

6. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    How did Obamacare happen? :whistling:

7. mixflip

mixflip

Its not about semi auto being a right. Its about having the same technology (or better) than your assailant. Assailant being a home invader or a tyrannical government it doesnt really matter does it. If a bad guy comes to your property with an illegal obtained firearm that he got off the black market (aka the streets where many guns did not get turned in by bad guys) then you need an equal level firearm.

This is why you need a semi auto and not a pump or lever action etc etc.

I dont mind having single action cowboy guns if we all have them as an equal playing field but Im guessing a bad guy or tyrants will not be using them.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  8. NickC50310

NickC50310

A democrat majority in both chambers and even with that it was extremely painful for them and barely passed. Clearly they dont have a majority in the house now.

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

2014 ain't far away though. Could be a game changer...

I might have to buy "The Rifleman" on DVD to brush up on my lever action skills :)

10. NickC50310

NickC50310

2014? I assume youre talking about mid term elections? Democrats will get crushed just like in 2010 because most democrats only turn our for the presidential election.

11. Jgriggs

Jgriggs

I hope you are right.

Obama a lame duck for the last two years. . .please let it be so.

12. Ruggles

Ruggles

I was and I hope you are right. But it could turn towards the Dems. It is not a sure thing that the Republicans hold much less crush the dems.

13. frank4570

frank4570

And if we have another Sandy Hook everything will change for good.

14. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

So you'll be content with a single-shot shotgun once they've whittled away a little more?

Or a knife once they've banned ALL firearms?

Or your fists once knives are banned?

15. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

dude , im going ALL IN LIKE DARYL . soon to be stocking up on cross-bows and sling shots and high powered pneumatic marsh mellow guns ,

16. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

I don't see why he can't EO it.

17. NickC50310

NickC50310

I pray i am right and pray that our reps dont sell us down the river. I just hope the nra shield program can get some traction before another sandy hook.

18. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

You can take that argument to any level. What if the bad guy is rocking full auto? Etc.

19. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

im not saying id be content but if they ban semi's then i will buy other guns and practice and be just as deadly.

if they ban guns alltogether then ill get the best knife i can afford and ill practice defending myself

if all i have is my hands then ill buy a punching bag and take some kind of martial arts

the point of the thread is that alot of people are acting like the semi auto/ak..ar/ black rifle/ is the be all end all of selfdefense...

i bet if you take some of the mooks that have been buying AR's as of late and pitt them against one of these cowboy action shooters im betting the CAS would win a majority of the time with his old west tech.

im not saying this about everyone,not even the majority ..but a guy that really trains can be just as effective in a gunfight with non semi as he can be with a Ak...

20. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

I've been hearing don't worry ever since Obama has been in office.