Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly my cup of tea, I was looking for something more CC'able. In order to help a friend of the family I offered $500 sight unseen knowing it is a series 70 Gold Cup. After arguing about payment (she was giving it to me for nothing), I finally convinced her to accept my offer and now the wheels are in motion for the transfer.

Her husband, now deceased, used this as a 'bullseye' gun and competed with it frequently.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Congrats on your new toy. Shot a series 70 Gold Cup (non-beavertail grip safety) very long time ago. I like shooting that gun.

·
Banned
499 Posts
I think that you ought to be ashamed of your self, that's quite a deal you just made. Congratulations!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that you ought to be ashamed of your self, that's quite a deal you just made. Congratulations!
Actually you he did a very good deed. He was getting the gun for free and he gave the lady $500
I don't think I've ever fought so hard to pay someone.

I'm trying to put a date on this gun but everywhere I look I come up with the same table that only goes as high as 70Bxxxxx.

I also noticed that George Madore was a well known gunsmith and had fitted a Kart barrel which, after a search, seems to be a good barrel.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I'm trying to put a date on this gun but everywhere I look I come up with the same table that only goes as high as 70Bxxxxx.

I also noticed that George Madore was a well known gunsmith and had fitted a Kart barrel which, after a search, seems to be a good barrel.

It's a late 70's gun, proofhouse only goes to 1976 so it's sometime after that. You can call Colt and they'll give you the year.

·
Banned
499 Posts
I don't think I've ever fought so hard to pay someone.

Here's a pretty good list of serial numbers.
http://www.sightm1911.com/1911Production.htm

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
I'll say. That was almost highway robbery. Congrats on such a great deal and a great gun. :supergrin:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got off the phone with a Colt Customer Service Rep who seemed very happy to help me and gave me a year of 1978.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
George Madore built some nice custom Colts back in the day.

I'd remove those rubber grips and get a set befitting the gun that it is.

Congrats! :cool:

Yeah, I see some checkering thats hiding just under the trigger guard.

Now I really can't wait till I get this thing in my hands. I actually had a dream about it last night.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts