close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I was wrong....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Piston10, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Piston10

Piston10 Member

I have made several comments on here that I did not feel much difference between my 23,26 and 27. When I purchased the 27 last week I shot it and nothing else that day. Just got back from the range tonight and shot all three. 2 mags from the 26, then 2 from the 23 and last 2 from the 27, all in a row just to compare. The part I was wrong about is, the 27 is harder for me to shoot. Def feels like more recoil than the other two and I struggled to be accurate. All three are amazing and love to shoot them, but I will need much more practice with the 27.

2. jw38

jw38

The 27 definitely has more kick, recoil and snap than the other guns. Concentrate, with the basics in mind every time you pick up your 27 - it will help. With a little more time and practice, I would bet that you will be more accurate with the 27 than the 26 or 23. I own the same weapons, but the 27 is my edc piece. Keep us posted.

3. Brad55102

Brad55102

This is why i carry the 26.
    The 27 is a great gun but the recoil is a little much for me

4. Piston10

Piston10 Member

The wife and I are taking our CC class this Saturday. The 26 is actually hers and 23 and 27 mine. She will carry the 26 and I will carry the 27, sometimes the 23. I just will need more practice with it.

5. Glock40man

Glock40man

You'll get used to it.

6. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

In my experience, most people shoot the G26 better than the G27. FWIW, the GAP magazine floorplates greatly improve the shootability of the subcompacts and help with the G27's recoil.

7. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

The forty feels to me to have much more recoil...
    They have more snap then my 45's....

8. ca survivor

ca survivor

be careful with 9mm and .40 ammo at the same time at the range.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  9. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I jettisoned my 27 for that reason. I like the HK P2000SK much better for 40s in subcompact. Still love my 26s.

10. tinman517

tinman517

The 27's snap is easily overcome with range time, as I learned myself.

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

This.

I don't shoow .40 well at all. To snappy.

12. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl

I'd have to agree. Grip and stance take a major part in this. My first few sessions, I had way too much slop in my elbows and arms. It felt like the thing was beating my hands. I since have tightened up my stance, and changed my grip a slight bit. Someone posted this video on here a while ago, and I've found this method to work excellent. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBkXdMThD8w&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Ruger SR 40 and Recoil Mngmnt Gun Talk Ruger 5 25 10 JARE H264 16X9 gun talk - YouTube[/ame]

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

13. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I have nothing against a .40 at all. However my household is built around the 9 for autos, and .38 for revolvers (except .357mag, .44mag, and 7-30 waters for hunting).

My wife shoots and it is nice that we can swap guns. Anything I carry, I know she can shoot. Let's see, here's the list of 9's we share between us. G26, G17, B92FS, B92C, PM9, EMP9. Might get some more 9's in the future, too.

Makes buying ammo by the case and going to range easier, too. Because she and I are shooting the same stuff.

If you really want to go tactical, you could also carry the same guns while out, and interchange the mags and the ammo, as needed, in action movie type scenarios.

Just some thoughts. Again, nothing wrong with a .40 at all.

14. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

I agree. I really love my G26, but in .40S&W, the P2000SK just handles so much better.

15. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Dude! Y'all have the same models as my wife and I. I thought I was reading my own post, for a second :wavey:
    I TOTALLY AGREE about the GAP floor plates.
    I recently added a 33 barrel to my 27. That led to robbing the GAPs from a couple 27 mags for the 33 mags.
    I shot the 27/.40 with one of the GAP-less mags. I thought the thing was jumpin' from my hand :wow:
    I have always said that the GAP aids in both grip and draw of the subcompacts, but I learned that they also help control recoil :thumbsup:

16. fastbolt

fastbolt

This isn't uncommon for most folks to discover when shooting both calibers in identical pistol platforms back-to-back. The particular loads might have an influence, depending.

Usually when I've arranged to let someone interested in choosing from between them try mine, I've simply used whatever duty loads were presently being issued to make the comparison. That's included combo's like 127gr +P+ & 165gr, and more recently 124gr +P & 180gr. Sometimes 147gr & 180gr.

Also, the shooting skills, experience and firearms interest has varied a fair amount. Some were "shooters", and some weren't (but carried issued weapons since they worked in LE, and were looking for off-duty weapons).

Most often, the reaction of the shooters has been that they felt the G27 recoiled either a little more, or a lot more.

I've also found over the years that their perceptions could change quite a bit depending on whether they were just standing on a firing line shooting the guns in a slow-fire manner, while standing comfortably balanced and taking their time, compared to when put through parts of a qual course-of-fire, or asked to perform more demanding drills with the unfamiliar guns.

Now, while I don't often notice a difference in felt recoil between standard pressure +P & +P+ 9mm loads when shooting my 9's (including my pair of G26's), I easily notice a difference between shooting my G26's and my G27. It's such that I just have to work a bit harder, but I'm prepared for that after having been shooting my own G27 for about 12K rounds over the last several years ... and many thousands more .40 rounds through other personally-owned and issued .40's over the years, as well.

For me, it's been a proper training & experience issue when learning to accurately and effectively shooting the .40's, especially the smaller ones (which are all but 1 of mine).

The "up" side of all the familiarization and practice work I've done with my .40's (5 of them) and my issued .40's (2 of them) over the years is that it's really benefited my skillset with my 9's (6 of them). ;)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  17. purrrfect 10

purrrfect 10

Don't be scared of it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. Piston10

Piston10 Member

O not scared of it all!! Love shooting it, my only real point was that I need and want to get better with it! Practice practice practice!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

19. Tuco Tom

Tuco Tom

Bluestreak thanks for that great video!!!!!!

20. Warhammer28

Warhammer28

Anyone have a link to where I can find GAP Floor Plates?