close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I was rude to a lady on the phone...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LongGoneDays, Feb 8, 2010.

1. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

My water was turned off today, I was led to believe over the phone that it was because of non payment, I have no bill so I wasn't sure. I went and had a crappy wait in a crappy line to pay my bill, was told it would be turned back on today.

That was this morning. My mom was off, I went over there and hung out with her and a friend most of the day, visited with my brother. Watched tv. Ate red beans and rice. Had a blast.

I come home a little after 6pm, no water. I call them and get a guy, who tells me they work til 11pm and my water will get turned back on, to call him back if they aren't here by 9:15pm.

I finish watching a House on my DVR at 9:20, I call them back and a woman answers, I don't know if there was a bad connection or what, she says her name and I start talking and in the middle of that, she is obviously talking to someone else in the room with her, talking over me. I say "Can you hear me" but I think she had the phone away from her head.

I call right back, and get the guy again. I told him they weren't here yet, he gets my address and verifies the address... asks if he can put me on hold. Sure.
    He comes back saying there was no reason for my water ever being turned off.
    He'll dispatch someone to me right away and call me back in 10 minutes to let me know they are coming. I wasn't thinking, I had not gave him my cell #, maybe they have my home # but the phone is unplugged, it's for the alarm only.

So I call them back. I get the scratchy lady from earlier.

"Yes I called earlier because my water is turned off, I spoke to CITY EMPLOYEE and he was suppose to call me back."

And?

"I'm sorry what?"

And?

"And what?"

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Friends, I've been aggravated all day. My dogs have a huge full water bowl thankfully. But that really huge load in my toilet from 8:30am is getting ripe. The one I couldn't help but drop on top of it at 6:13pm isn't helping.

I did the most condescending-I'm-talking-to-you-like-I-think-you-should-never-be-allowed-to-procreate voice I could possibly come up with, and say

HI. MY WATER IS OFF. I WANT TO FLUSH MY TOILET. MY BILL IS PAID. I TALKED TO CITY EMPLOYEE AND HE TOLD ME SOMEONE WAS ON THE WAY AND HE WOULD CALL ME BACK.

She pushes her phone to the side and I hear her ask CITY EMPLOYEE (oh you *****! he was in the room with you and you don't know what I'm talking about? maybe that's why I gave you HIS name, uggh!) and he tells her exactly what he could have before she wanted to hear my life story.

So now, I don't feel bad at all for being an *** to her. They still haven't showed up at 10:29. I have a water key around here somewhere, can't find it, and it's raining and 37 degrees.

So I'll stew on this all night and probably get arrested in the morning. It's going to be fun.

2. thejellster05

thejellster05

That sucks dude. Hang in there. Maybe take a pic of the poo and email it to her! :)

3. kiole

kiole

take your water key and go shut down the water companies water..then snap off the valve so they can't turn it back on.

4. TCmofo

TCmofo

So it sounds like the Saints fan has a second Super Bowl...haha

Sorry for the frustrations man. At least your Saints won last night.

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

If you have the water key, why didn't you just turn it back on this morning?

6. Scott3670

Scott3670

Wow, that truly sucks. I got a call last nigth from a solicitor for a magazine. I politely told her that I wasn't interested but she was rather foreceful (which I can understand). I then restated that I was not interested in any magazines at this time (and I was still polite). She asked me why and I stated that since I am blind I would have no use for any magazine. She apologized and hung up.

OK, so I'm not blind, but these sales people can be very annoying, and it was the only way to end the call short of hanging up.

7. LongGoneDays

They'll probably be here in the morning before I wake up. I also don't know where the thing is. Brother left it over here when he hooked up my water heater, in case it started leaking I could shut the water off.

Have no idea where the darn thing is, I think it's outside. I'll have to see.

8. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Flush. You don't need water to the supply line. The water in the tank will give you one flush.

Take your key and open your water valve. If it was shut off for non-payment it will have a lock on it. A contractor may have done it and forgot to open it. Open it yourself.

We never had this conversation.

9. LongGoneDays

The tank is empty because there is a slow leak on on the stopper. It was empty before I ever sat upon the throne. I think the lock is just a tag right?

Not a lot they can do if the thing was put on erroneously. They told me there was a past due balance, I paid the current balance, and there wasn't a past due balance to begin with, then they yanked my chain around.

10. NateHodge

NateHodge Here too much

Take a pair of pliers or a Crescent wrench and cut it on. Simple as that. If it was cut off for non payment, it may be locked. There's ways around that too. Bolt cutters work miracles. If they ask about a lock, swear it never had one.

11. farley45

farley45

That sucks man.

A crappy situation :)rofl:) can always be compounded when dealing with stupid people.

12. certifiedfunds

After this, buy one at Lowes. They have the little brass key and the T-handle wrench for turning the valve. Its a good idea to keep one handy just in case.

13. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

From now on, flush once before taking a seat on the throne, just to make sure it's working. If it's working, do your business, flush again when the magic moment is over, and go on about your day while whistling a merry tune.

If it's NOT working, poop in a baggie and deliver it to the city water office.

14. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

Perhaps a neighbor wont notice you filling up a bucket of water so you can flush your toilet? If caught just explain to them the situation, then turn your water back on and weld the damned valve open.

15. certifiedfunds

You need a flamethrower

[​IMG]

16. LongGoneDays

It rained heavy earlier. I could have used rainwater I guess LOL
    They are allegedly on the way.

17. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Just go out there and turn your water on at the meter. Man has to have water.

18. certifiedfunds

Unless he has beer.

Somethin tells me LGD has beer.

Either that or LGD is skeered to stick his hand down in the meter box.

19. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

As a bitter cards fan..I can laugh a bit on the inside..but, I really hope your water comes back on. That for sure is not a pleasant experience, as I have to had this same problem in the past.

Also, congrats on the win last night!!

captdreifus

20. LongGoneDays

Nary a beer.

Plenty of diet Mountain Dew, and some water if I wanted to share with the dogs. Guy just came, knocked on the door and took me out to the meter.

Showed me how easy it is to turn it back on, no tools no locks no nothing. He made sure to say "after you pay your bill" about 5 times though, so maybe they do get upset if you turn it on without paying :rofl:

My toilet is flushed
    My toilet is flushed
    Although my dreams are crushed
    my toilet is flushed