close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I want to make sure everyone following the news now is aware of this:

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Will Beararms, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Reverend

Yep. Aware of the Supremacy Clause.

I can't speak for any of them, but my guess is they're looking at this the way I suppose I am. The ban goes against the Constitution now. They can take it to the SCOTUS later, at which point it would become Constitutional, but in the mean time...

I'm not saying that their logic or mine isn't erroneous regarding what the Constitution implies about contrasts between current legal interpretations and the AWB. Just being honest about what I think it means, and guessing what I imagine they think it means as well. You are certainly correct; thinking it doesn't make it so. That said, when I am less medicated, and more focused, I'm going to hone my understanding of this for sure.

I'm sure your position is not in favor of the AWB, and your objection is simply to the idea of rebellious professionals keeping their jobs. No worries. Like I said earlier, consequences in the wake of virtuous intent are merely incidental. Looks like we both pretty much see it as "do what you gotta do, but accept the outcome."

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. Plasticman84

Plasticman84

All but one of the LEOs that I work with are very Pro-2A. As far as enforcing an AWB, we have officer descretion. Should an officer be fired if they give a warning for a speeding violation, or not stop every car that commits a traffic violation?

3. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

An officer should be fired if he stands up and tells the world, I'll never right a traffic ticket, and his job is as a traffic cop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as Pro-2A as anyone else on this board.

But what I'm not, is abusing your power and position, because of your views.

4. MotoGlock

MotoGlock

How stupid.

What a crock.

Answer this:

If a restaurant owner decides to poison his/her customers ,

Do you excuse the chef? It's his job to follow orders, right?

5. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Congratulations on being one step above a Nazi attempt.

But you're trying to compare apples and oranges.

Its more like, you work in a fast food restaurant, you walk in and you tell the boss I'm not cooking fries today.

Cops do not make laws. They enforce them. And last I checked, they're not SC justices.

6. Plasticman84

Plasticman84

My Sheriff has said that he will not enforce an AWB. The Sheriff is my boss. Should I still be fired? What about my sheriff?

7. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

If IL passes a AWB, or a federal AWB were passed, yes.

8. MotoGlock

MotoGlock

In your mind breaking a free americans' constitutional right is ok. You are comfortable with it so long as its written into some asinine, unjust law. Never mind if it contradicts the bill of rights so many men died for!

To me it's criminal!

I'm assuming you yourself have taken the oath to uphold the constitution? Maybe your interpritation of it is different that mine. Maybe your moral valuesnare different thatn mine.

You are okay with law enforcement or a soldier taking our freedoms. Where do you draw the line?
    Hitlers men who killed and or helped kill millions of people where merely following ordered right? Oh excuse me they were doing they're jobs like the mindless drones they where?

Okay

9. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Just because YOU feel its unconstitutional, doesn't mean it is.

Last time I checked, we've got a way to challenge things we think are unconstitutional. And its in use quite often.

Last time I checked, letting cops decide what laws were constitutional wasn't how that was figured out.

10. MotoGlock

MotoGlock

My man,

I live in a State that is full laws that are unconstitutional towards the second amendment. I'm disgusted by it every day. You in Alaska are not.
    I live in a state where police officers do not enforce many laws agains illegal aliens. I have seen many times law enforcement NOT enforce criminal invaders. I live in Los Angeles where the piece of garbage chief of police gives orders to his officers to not enforce the laws agains illegals which are clearly on the state and federal books.

So please understand how it irks me the wrong way that you are okay with law enforcement ( which many are good men and women ) enforcing unjust and unconstitutional laws.

11. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Its not that I'm ok with them enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Its that you and I not liking a law, does not make it unconstitutional.

I'm about making the system work, and working within it to address the issues.

What I can not stand, is abuse of power, and saying "its ok to abuse your power/position, because other people do it/did it"

We have a means to fix the issues, we have a long tested and established way to do it. So damn it, lets actually do something about it with the means we were given.

12. Plasticman84

Plasticman84

I disagree with your view, but I do understand where you are coming from. If I'm to be fired for not enforcing a law that goes against my morals and ethics, so be it. It seems people are quick to jump on law enforcement as the bad guys while they totally ignore the fact that the politicians are the ones that make the laws they disagree with. Most to mes, the very politicians that they vote for. Where we differ is the fact that I don't think we should blindly enforce laws. I'm a citizen first, cop second.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. JEEPX

JEEPX

You are a brainwashed tool.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

14. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin

Before this goes much further, in the beginning of our country, did not a few good men stand against the law of the land?

The Revolutionary War and the drafting of the Declaration of Independance were both acts of high treason and they were the right thing to do.

We owe the people that founded this country every single day for the courage they had to stand firm on their beliefs, even though it was illegal at the time.

15. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide NRA Life Member

If a cop decides to turn his head and look the other way, that's his choice. But to publicly say that he is not going to enforce a law, is just stupid. Why broadcast your plan?

16. BlackPaladin

BlackPaladin

Secondly, in my neck of the woods, politicians are using "police safety" as a way to attempt to get my felow LE on board. A great deal of LEOs have stood up by telling folks that they will not suport actions against the 2nd because they know it has nothing to do with "police safety" at all. In other words, don't use us to falsly push your agenda, most people "in the know" have a pretty good idea of what would make things more safe in this country.

17. Ragnar

Ragnar

So, if you were told by your commander to strafe known civilian noncombatants from your helicopter, you would do it? You wouldn't refuse? Nice.

18. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

I think the big difference is that some people just say the words because they have to in order to get the paycheck. This sounds like you.

Others say the words, take them to heart, and take them very seriously.

If a police officers is ordered to arrest a journalist for writing an op-ed unfavorable of a mayor, should he do it? Apparently in your eyes, yes.

The issues in question are so blatantly obvious, that they don't need a SCOTUS ruling. Kelo vs New London shows that the judiciary is out of control, and it appears some public servants are starting to wake up.

19. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Aren't the sheriffs pursuing this from a Tenth Amendment standpoint?

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

20. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Sometimes good people have to draw a line.