Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

...but in the first 100 or so rounds through it (yes, I know there can be a break-in period on 22s), it had inconsistent feeding and ejecting. Could be the ammo, could be the gun, could be the break-in period. I really want to put my Sparrow (currently in jail) on it, so I went to the POF website and read the tech support section, particularly to see what they say about subsonic ammo. I was confused with what I found:

"anything below High velocity will struggle to cycle properly when not fired suppressed"

"After the break-in period is complete the gun should run most all types of ammo. As is the case with most all 22lr firearms they are all independently picky...Some experimenting will be necessary to find the best combo for YOUR gun...YOUR gun will likely vary from any other that you pick up off the shelf"

WOW..."wiggle words" above ^^^^ WTH? And if THAT'S bad, wait till you hear what they have to say about 10/22 magazines that this gun is supposed to use:

"Ruger BX-25: Known for inconsistent feeding and feeding related issues...or just trying out several mags till you find one that works well...The BX-25 is also the narrowest magazine and has side to side play"

"Butler Creek Steel Lips: Same issues with spring tension as BX-25"

"Butler Creek Hot Lips: The plastic feed lips wears out due to the feed lips doubling as the weapons ejector"

Yikes. This is a really cool gun and a great concept, but WTH with how it's so finicky about mags and ammo. Have they created yet another neat gun that "mostly" works when the right moon is out?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, it seems to function much like the 10/22. I just heard from their tech support and apparently it's MORE reliable with different types of ammo when run WITH a suppressor. I have asked for the technical reason for that and will report back here.

EDIT: here's the answer, which most folks already know: "Suppressors increase the back pressure allowing for a much better movement of the mass of the bolt"

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Yeah, it seems to function much like the 10/22.
It only functions the same as the Ruger 10/22 in the sense that it's blowback operated like most other .22's...everything else about the design however is quite different than the Ruger 10/22, with the most apparent differences being that the Rebel 22 breaks apart like an AR15 into upper and lower receivers, and it's bolt/recoil assembly design is similar to the bolt/recoil assembly of the CMMG .22LR conversion for the AR15 system, which is a self contained unit as seen in this video screen grab:

POF claims to have designed the Rebel 22 pistol around the Ruger 10/22 magazine, which I don't think was a bad idea :)

·
Kydex Crafter
6,861 Posts
Mine dumped a 25 rd mag flawlessly....

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What sort of magazine comes with the Rebel?
I can't remember. If it came with one, it must've been a 10 round rotary like DrewBone said...that sounds right.

Based on their FAQs, I'm going to run Steel Lips through them instead of BX-25. I need to break mine in more, apparently....and put a suppressor on it, but with high-velocity ammo. No subsonic for this one.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
As a comparison I bought a S&W 15/22. For the first thousand rounds or so it needed high velocity ammo to function. After the first thousand it now runs standard velocity ( synonym for sub sonic) just fine. With 22’s many people have a tendency to buy the cheapest bulk ammo they can find ( bulk ammo synonym for the lowest quality ammo the factory pushes out the door) then can’t figure out what the gun won’t run.
I have helped countless people with function issues in 22’s by giving them a box of CCI mini mags that solved the problem
for accuracy when people have issue with bad accuracy ( often trying to use high velocity or bulk ammo) handing them a box of SK or eley solves that too.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I have also found that the best thing for a finicky 22 is MiniMags. If that doesn't work, then Stingers, Hornets, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts