I want to give the GSSF a shot...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by PurdueTeke, Mar 7, 2005.

1. PurdueTeke

PurdueTeke

But what catagory will i start it.

I have a 17L all stock, well slip on grip. Is there a place i can get the same type of targets as well, so i can practice a lot before i go to the shoot? And what type of ammo do they shoot? Regular fmj's or soft power hand loads?

Im sure i could probably seach all this up. Buts way more cool to have friends here at Glock talk just let me know? I mean thats what a forum's for right?

Thanks

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Stock G17L = Competition Category, a category defined by pistol type and not shooter skill.

Non-stock G17L = Unlimited/Masters category.

There was a recent thread here sometime during the last few weeks regarding D-1 targets.

115-gr FMJ Winchester USA, available at WalMart, will do just fine. Metal targets are calibrated to fall when hit with 15-gr factory ammo.

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

4. PurdueTeke

PurdueTeke

cool, any advice other than GO and have a good time?

oops just found the sticky with lots of tips. ;Q

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Bring a folding chair, water, maybe sunscreen and have a nice time. I think I'm safe in saying ask any Team Ameriglo or Team Carver Mount member for help or guidance, or just to visit. :)

6. PurdueTeke

PurdueTeke

cool i'll definitly come to the Indy one.

What about other matches, not just for glocks? anyone shoot in these? and in Indiana or near

7. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

Hey PurdueTech! I wrote a long reply to your first post in General Glocking I think it was but my computer burped and lost it all so I went to bed! ļ

Mainly I wanted to point you to the GSSF forum here and to warn you that since most of the guys that post here regularly know each other it may seem to be a clique. We aren't it is just that most of us have met in person at the various matches and feel that we know each other, at least a bit. Sometimes that togetherness might seem to be a closed circle when you first post here but we don't intend that at all. As was mentioned, just speak to anyone wearing either Carver Mounts or Team Ameri-Glo hats/shirts and they'll be eager to offer assistance.

By now I assume you know when the Indianapolis match is so all you have to do is practice! ļ GSSF is intended to be comfortable enough for beginners but challenging even for masters. In short, no drawing from a holster or timed reloads. A deceptively simple course of fire but tough to master.

I may make it to the Indy match this year; it is a 700 mile one-way trip for me but I have in-laws there and in Ft. Wayne. Maybe I¡¦ll see you there, in the meantime, hang out here and listen to these guys.. SOME of them even know what they are talking about! ƒº
    ;P :)

8. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

Teke -

Check out the Indiana section of the State Clubs forum. Look for the on-going thread about some of the upcoming matches in the state.

A guy named Rhino unofficially moderates the thread, and keeps the information accurate. He is a member of at least three very active shooting clubs, and shoots every weekend.

One match you may be interested in is my own, a Steel match at Atlanta (INDIANA) Conservation Club, Third Saturday of the month, registration starts at 9 am. www.atlantacc.net for more info, after we get a new server, e.t.a. 16MR05. I will edit this to add the club's address, tomorrow.

29595 LEONARD ROAD
    ATLANTA INDIANA 46031

Are you in West Lafayette ???