Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some might remember...awhile back I was tired of paying over $1200.00 per year for my Blackberry plus wifes phone she never uses. ($108.00 a month) I went with 2 Tracfones and LOVE all the money I'm NOT spending. But I miss my BB desperately. Email, internet, weather, easier texting.

So now I'm looking MAYBE to get another BB. I know many do not like the BB but I do. I can find free BB's with ATT or even Verizon of which both are good coverage in my area. Verizon plans are more than ATT.

So all that to say...who still likes the BB's? Have you gone to something else better than the berry? I do hate all Motorola phone because that are a nightmare to navigate the menus so they are out for me.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I here just as many people detest the iPhone as like it. How is it better??

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Considering the Torch, Bold or Curve. Have had the Curve 8310 and totally LOVED it! NO complaints.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Droid has taken most of the market that Blackberry had and because of that, BB has fewer new apps. In my opinion, Droid > iPhone but YMMV

·
9s and 40s
562 Posts
I still have my BB curve. Its all I need and I dont want to be wrapped up in all that touch screen crap with endless apps that do who knows what. My BB has everything I need. :cool:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I love my BB Torch.
It still has a few quirks about marking not messages as read when it should and occasionally not allowing me to delete a message.

Still a much better solution for me than an iPhone. (I could only give the iPhone 2 weeks before switching back)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went from a bb curve 8300 to a Sumsung Eric, what a pleasure to use! The bb was a dinosaur compared to an andriod phone. I can even browse glocktalk easily, when I have an extra minute. I could never do that on my bb. The email was good, but good luck with any attachments. This post is from my andriod.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I love both the bb as well as the iPhone. I prefer the typing, searching and emailing on the bb, but prefer texting and web searching on the iPhone. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

·
NRA Life Member
1,750 Posts
I still have a BB. I do like my 9700 and I'm addicted to bbm. I'm hoping the unreleased BB "dakota" (which is supposed to have the much upgraded processor) will keep me with BB. I'v heard it may be out by the end of this year. If not I will likely switch to a droid or iPhone.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you want to keep saving money, get a droid phone from cricket, and pay 55 a month for unlimited EVERYTHING, and no contract.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Correct. I am issued a blackberry, and have a personal iphone. Have carried other smartphones. For nothing but email, without attachments, blackberry rules. For all around use, to include media, applications, editing, internet, email with attachments, movies, etc., iphone rules.

Yes, the iPhone. Best phone in existence.

·
Viet Nam Vet
663 Posts
I have a BB Bold 9750 (I think that's the number). It's my first smart phone, and I really liked how easy it was to learn to work. I also like the fact that the battery lasts at least three days before needing a charge. I do access the internet all day, make all my phone calls, and leave the phone on 24/7 just in case anyone is wondering. I did have another older model Bold that just ate up battery charges, through another provider. With all that said, I have a feeling when my contract is up, I will probably go Android (For some reason I just never warmed up to I-whatever's). I am also interested in the BB Curve (That may not be the right model) that combines both the Droid and BB, that also is very interesting, but in two years who knows what may be out there. I just like the idea of a quicker browser and the ability to read a whole page without scrolling left to right on a very small screen. I'll always have a fondness for my BB since it is my first :whistling:.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just checked on Cricket. They are not doing service in my area in Arkansas. Thats out!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I sell phones for a living and I do think the Torch w/ it's Blackberry 6.0 software is the smoothest Blackberry yet. It's the organization of the Blackberry, with the touch screen gestures of the Iphone. (Just my personal opinion)

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,532 Posts
Net10 LG900G

We switched from T-Mobile and love these phones.
$30 from Best Buy. Cost as low as 6.66 cents per minute when you buy the 1500 minutes for $100. Messages are $0.25 each. Web is 1 minute cost per each minute of usage. No data fees.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts