Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my GSSF glock pistol purchase certificate the other day from GSSF and want to get another glock. I have two glock 19's now one in black and one in OD and love them, they are great shooters. I like 9mm and was thinking of either a 17 or 26 BUT my friend said I should go to a 45 cal. I would like to ask what you think of shooting 45 or 357 after being use to shooting 9mm ? Also ammo will cost much more than 9mm and how hard will it be to get 45 or 357 or 40 cal.ammo ver. 9mm ? Also was wondering about the glock 22 thats what we had in our armorers class and it was a nice weapon.
Thanks I really want to use this certificate!!! I hope this aint a dumm question to ask but would like some input......

·
Registered
763 Posts
It doesn't matter what you buy...you have been bitten by the Glock bug and are now addicted. You will eventually end up buying at least one of each.

Seriously...buy the one that you want and not your friend. If you like the 9mm and don't want to go with the higher cost of ammo, then take a 17 or 26.

·
Registered
225 Posts
In most of the gun stores in my area, 9mm is now just as expensive as .45. Supply and demand, I guess. You left out one of my favorite 9mm Glocks - the 34. The only Glock I would not want is the .45 GAP, or at least it would be at the bottom of my list.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I did not do a very good job of answering your questions. The recoil of the .40 or .45 is not much worse, in my opinion. I can find .40 much easier than 9mm these days.

·
Banned
1,650 Posts
Get a 10mm, and with the money you save by using the GSSF certificate get a 10mm to .40S&W conversion barrel. :supergrin:

·
NRA Member
2,412 Posts
My opinion?

Buy a G26.

You like the 9mm, no reason to move to a different caliber just because somebody else said you should.

The G17 is a tiny bit larger than the G19, but the extra benefit of a '17 over a '19 is marginal - two more rounds, slightly longer sight radius and barrel.

The G26, on the other hand, does stuff the G19 can't. Namely, it's much smaller and easier to conceal.

Now, if you're not into concealed carry, never will be, and only ever use your guns at the range, then maybe a G17, G17L, or G34 might be a better choice. Or go for a compensated gun like the G19C or G17C.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Go to the range and shoot as many as you can rent and then make your best judgement. You cant go wrong with any of the choices. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
OK guys don't jump on me but...you could always get a G37. After all it is Glocks own caliber.
JMO

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Get a 10mm, and with the money you save by using the GSSF certificate get a 10mm to .40S&W conversion barrel. :supergrin:

Do you have to get .40 cal mags for the conversion on the G20? Also does it hold 15 rounds of .40 cal like the G22?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
20 does give you versitility, two guns in one. Or the 22 and shoot 357 sig or 9MM with a barrell / mag switch.

·
Peaceful
2,020 Posts
I just got my GSSF glock pistol purchase certificate the other day from GSSF and want to get another glock. I have two glock 19's now one in black and one in OD and love them, they are great shooters. I like 9mm and was thinking of either a 17 or 26 BUT my friend said I should go to a 45 cal. I would like to ask what you think of shooting 45 or 357 after being use to shooting 9mm ? Also ammo will cost much more than 9mm and how hard will it be to get 45 or 357 or 40 cal.ammo ver. 9mm ? Also was wondering about the glock 22 thats what we had in our armorers class and it was a nice weapon.
Thanks I really want to use this certificate!!! I hope this aint a dumm question to ask but would like some input......
I took my 19 and 21 to the range on tuesday but rented a 17 (I hadn't shot a 17 in 9 years).

After 100 rounds through the 17 I immediately bought one.

They are just "perfection".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts