close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Want Alltel Back

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by blaster_54738, Jan 1, 2010.

1. blaster_54738

blaster_54738

Ever since Verizon and Alltel merged everyone I've talked to that has switched to a Verizon phone's service has sucked. My phone has been workng fine but I'm still using my Alltel phone. Some of the reported issues...phone shutting off randomly and not turning back on till you turn it on, not getting voicemails till 2-3 days later, my girlfriends phone won't even receive calls. They gave her a new one and the same thing is happening and now have just told her too bad so sad, go buy a prepaid phone. Also there will be times, at least a third, when it will take at least 5 mins for her to get a text from me. We never had these issues with Alltel. I really want to switch carriers but nobody else covers my area. Whats the point of paying for an expensive service that doesn't work?

2. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

I hear 'ya.

For more reasons than I have energy to type out here, I have not been a happy camper since Verizon ate Alltel. Darnit, if I had wanted my cell service from Verizon I would have established an account with them to begin with. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now.

3. juswes

juswes Team Red

Luckily my local alltel store was not taken over my verizon. Now how they done this i do not know. I just went and purchased a blackberry tour from them today. Private franchise maybe? Not sure...

4. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Sorry. I've had nothing but great things come from the merger.
    We were Verizon customer's before and now I have excellent EVDO coverage all in the sticks.
    And my family was on Alltel now they are mobile to mobile, plus we got 10 free #'s

5. CU4X4N

CU4X4N 5th of November

I read it as you missed David:

Attel

6. blaster_54738

blaster_54738

I've heard a rumor that they are making everybody switch sometime in March, true or not I dont know. One other big issue was a couple weeks ago basically the entire state of WI and some of MI I believe lost service for about 5 hours. No phone calls in or out, no texts. 911 didn't even work.

7. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Sorry you're unhappy. We switched to Verizon 5 years ago because AT&Ts coverage around here sucked. We've been very happy with Verizon. We have 5 lines and my wife's ex-husband and her daughters have another 3 all so we can talk together at no additional charge.

8. limestonebeef

limestonebeef

We are having our share of problems too, particularly with calls being disconnected. I can't seem to get through a single call lasting more than a few moments without the call being dropped. This almost never happened with Alltel.

9. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Damn you and your anti-monopoly mentality.

10. pac201

pac201

I've had major issues also, I got online and got phones for me and mine from these folks, can't beat the deal...http://straighttalk.com/

11. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I have almost zero problems with my Palm Centro. My wife was having problems with her LG Env2 dropping calls and they just sent her a new one in the mail yesterday

12. Rancher

Rancher

We signed a new contract with Alltel in April, were told they would be switching to Verizion in a few months and they promised me not only the Alltel towers but also getting the Verizon network towers, and even US Cellular towers when Verizon was not available. Out in the boonies my service is not great and was excited about getting better service. Talked with the local rep a few weeks ago cause my service is still not great when I'm not close to town and was told I'm still with Alltel and would have to buy a "Verizon" phone to get better service. They did not inform me of that when I signed my contract. Called Verizon and was told eventually my Alltel phone would start working on the Verizon network but could not give me a date.

So, guess I still have Alltel? It makes no sense sense because I pay my bill to Verizon but the local rep says my contract is with Alltel and I need a new contract and new phones to be on the Verizon network.

Their voice mail system sucks compared to Alltel.

We get missed calls and texts days late on occasion.

Rancher

13. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

I had been with Alltel for 2 years and loved it, used to get 5 bars of service in my basement and i live out in the country. As soon as Verizon took over my service has gone down hill, dropped calls, voice mails coming in 1-2 days late. I left Verizon years ago and now I am back with their sorry crap. Bad news is I just re-signed while it was still Alltel and they assured me the service would still be as good...:steamed:

14. stengun

stengun

Howdy,

I too had Altell and was forced to switch to Verizon.:steamed:

My only problem that I've had is that I never got a bill from them.

No biggie except that I would pick up my phone to use it and it would be disconnected.:steamed:

No phone call or text from Verizon about my bill or service being disconnected.:steamed:

No biggie. I just called them and paid my bill and phone was turned back on.

I have 5 phones on my plan and it only cost $99.00/mo. Problem is I have 5 phones on my plan and it cost $15.00/ea to have them reactived. :steamed: This equals $75.00 and my bill is only $99.00 plus tax etc.

I thought I had everything worked out w/ verizon and the next month it happened again.

Same thing next month.

So, I finally had to call Verizon and I told them to cancell my contract that I was swittching tto AT&T and was going to the A.G.'s office later that day.

Verizon apologized and refunded my reconnect fee for 2 months.

I signed up online, which is what Verizon wanted me to do in the first place and I do not wait for them to send a bill, which they still don't, and I know that I haave to pay my bill by a certain date to keep my phone from being shut off and I wait until the last minute and then I pay my bill.

Coverage and service is great. Customer service kinda sucks.

Paul

15. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I hear ya.

When I had Altell I had NO problems, even with coverage. But now, it's the pitts. I wasn't offered a chance to keep my old phone, as it seems some were. Just told I'd have to buy a Verizon, no if's and's or butt's. But now that I have it, I'll not renew, ever. I'll take a service that isn't as good, at least they won't lie to me about the situation.

And service will probably still be better.

16. ranger56528

ranger56528

OP I know what your saying....My wifes been mad at me a few times for not returning voice mails then I show her that no voicemails are on my phone then 2-3 days later my phone beeps and its her voicemail.

17. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

To the above who said they hate the voicemail system of Verizon, www.youmail.com

To everyone having issues with dropped calls and what not, call Verizon and tell them you need to update your PRL. It's the preferred roaming list. You are a Verizon customer now and your phone still has the Alltel list.

It controls the priority of which tower you connect to. Not guaranteed to actually do anything, and possibly could make it worse.

18. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

*228 then option 2 will do the same thing. It made it a little better but still not as good as it was before

19. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

yep we had alltel plnas for over 10 years no problems. once verizon took over it all went to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :steamed::steamed::steamed:

wrong chrges,wrong bills, service sucks , im just pissed

20. JMarch

JMarch ♩. ♪ ♫ ♪ ♬♩

my phone wouldn't even connect to *228 when verizon took over the local alltel towers. I ended up going to the Verizon store and they fixed it up in about 5 minutes...apparently there are more *22X numbers if one doesn't work. anyways...it's all fine now--no issues.