Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Kahr never made a "K9 Covert". I do not think you will find anyone that has cut down a K9, doing so would weaken the frame and remove a steel from around the magwell.

I had a K40 Covert that developed a crack in the frame in the rear of the magwell. I asked Kahr if it was repairable, their response was no and they replaced it with a MK40 because the K40 Covert was discontinued years before.

The thread you listed shows a K40 Covert not a K9 Covert. In fact if you look closely at the picture you posted, you can see the K40 on the slide.

YMMV.

YMMV

·
Registered
740 Posts
The MK9, the PM9 and the P9 Covert all use the same Mags. (Kahr did make a P9 Covert and a P40 Covert). I owned a MK40 and a P40 Covert at the same time. I found the MK40 and the P40 Covert shot about the same. Trigger, trigger placement and grip all about the same.

The biggest difference is the dustcover. The Dustcover on the MK40 is thinner then the P40 Covert. Because of this "finely boned" or tightly molded holsters made for Steel Frame Kahrs will not fit Polymer Framed Kahrs. So I have some holster that fit both and some that don't.

Once I bought the P40 Covert, my MK40 became a safe queen. I sold the MK40 to a friend who now uses it as his concealed carry piece.

YMMV

·
Registered
740 Posts
Your Welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts