Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
125 Posts
My vote would be for a 30s. I am buying one myself as soon as I can find one.

·
Polymerlicious!
6,272 Posts
If thickness is an issue, get the G36. I've had mine for 12 years, carry it daily and it works like a fine Swiss watch.

·
Transform & Win
3,349 Posts
There is a great deal of information describing and comparing the G30, G30SF, G30S and G36 at the link in my signature line below with additional links. I believe something there will be helpful to you.

·
Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
GRT45 is the go-to guy on these compact .45s.

For CCW my vote would definitely go to the gen4 30 or the 30S. Hands down the best carry .45 around.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 30sf and a 21 gen4. They are both great. The 30S would have been nice but none around here. I must say, the more I shoot the 21 gen4 the more I love it. it has become a real smooth shooter with some rounds through it.

But I guess its all what u are looking to use it for. Carry, home, range?? I think a 30 or 30S would cover all the bases.. :supergrin:

·
NRA Life Member
66,976 Posts
I am looking to get a 45 Glock and cant decide which one. It will be a CCW gun.
That's easy - get the smallest one. If I was buying a Glock for CCW and it had to be .45, I'd buy a 36. If I wasn't set on that caliber (and I'm not), I'd buy a 27.

·
Banned
287 Posts
no I can't...my therapist said I can no longer be an enabler...you need to decide for yourself...be strong, I believe in you...you can do it... :supergrin:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Glock 30s!!!! I sold my G30SF once I got it...

·
Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
Shhhhh... you didn't hear this from me, but the Springfield XDs 45 has been my constant carry .45 this summer. It's so dang thin and light it just disappears under light clothes. It even easier to carry than my G27, way easier. I wouldn't want it as my ONLY .45 since its a little small for a nightstand gun, but if that role is filled and you just need a good CCW setup, an XDs with a spare 7 round mag or two can't be beat. And before the flamers start in, mine has chewed up and spit out close to 1000 rounds this summer with not a single malfunction. It's just too bad Glock didn't come up with something like it first.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I like my G30SF from the Glock line. I originally set out to go with the G36, and was able to compare it side-by-side with a G30 and a G30SF. It was the G30SF which felt best for me, so that's what I took home. It does have the thicker slide, like its bigger brother (G21) but is still a great carry firearm. Had the G30-S been out (G30SF lower/G36 upper) when I was in the market for one, I would have gone that route instead.

As Opie 1 mentioned earlier, the Springfield XD-S in .45ACP is an outstanding carry gun. If you decide to go that route, be sure that you get one with the updated/new parts. There was a big recall from SA just a few weeks ago for the .45ACP and 9x19 models possibly going full auto or slam firing. That being said, I can't wait for mine to get back from repair, and I still carry the G30SF.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Gen 4 G30
I wanted a gen 4 G30 to go with my gen 4 G26, but my lgs couldn't get one and the forums said I could wait forever. A shooter I trust handed me an XDM 3.8 compact 45. 9+1, with a 13+1 spare mag. felt really nice to my small hands. I asked Mas's opinion and he said it's a toss up between the two. So, I took the bird in the hand. Fantastic gun, Been carrying it for months now in an Old Fashioned IWB holster.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I wanted a gen 4 G30 to go with my gen 4 G26, but my lgs couldn't get one and the forums said I could wait forever. A shooter I trust handed me an XDM 3.8 compact 45. 9+1, with a 13+1 spare mag. felt really nice to my small hands. I asked Mas's opinion and he said it's a toss up between the two. So, I took the bird in the hand. Fantastic gun, Been carrying it for months now in an Old Fashioned IWB holster.
That is the rub right there! I would like a Gen 4 G 30 to replace my Gen 3 but I actually haven't even seen one so I think you did the proper thing and took a very good gun. The Gen 4 G30's will be available at some point and then when you get one of those you'll have to add the Gen 4 G21, which is one of my favorite .45s out there. Congrats!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the 36, the 30G4 and the 30s to choose from. The 30s is in my Galco Supertuk now. The gun is a little big imo but it has a decent capacity. The 30 is really great but a little wider and the 36 has less capacity, I have an XDs 45 for a single stack when I want a smaller gun. Well I am without the XDs for a while. I say 30s when you can find one. The 40cal 27 would be nice as it is the same size as the 9mm 26. So many good choices.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts