I wanna purchase a gun (I'm in Texas) from an Illinois gun shop that won't ship ?

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by tnstaafl, Mar 10, 2017.

1. tnstaafl

tnstaafl

I've located three used firearms I'd like to purchase (pistol, shotgun, AK) that are for sale in a gun shop in Illinois - problem is, I'm in Texas and the gun shop doesn't ship guns - local purchases only, so they say - I find that hard to believe, and I'll call again tomorrow and ask again to be sure.

I'm not familiar with the firearm laws in Illinois - my question is, would it be legal for an Illinois resident that can legally purchase and possess a firearm to purchase the three firearms in accordance with all the Illinois and Federal laws, and then he sells the guns to me, shipping the guns to my FFL here in Texas, so everything would be legal on my end as far as the firearms transfers when my FFL has me fill out the 4473 for the three guns ?? My FFL accepts inbound firearms shipments from individuals.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

2. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

If he's a licensed FFL an you file a 4473 an it approved an it's properly shipped to an FFL where you reside I can't see a reason it cannot be done, other than the store can't be bothered with out of state transactions.

3. tnstaafl

tnstaafl

"the store can't be bothered with out of state transactions" - yeah, THAT seems to be the issue - really can't understand why they wouldn't wanna ship guns - it's a simple process.

4. Skrivus

Skrivus

I know a local shop that's like that. Like the previous comments said, nothing legally stopping them from doing it. They just don't want to do it. Where in Illinois are you trying to purchase from?

5. Bish1309

Bish1309

I can see the hassle for a retailer not wanting to ship.

First you have to have all the legal process stuff and junk in place.
    Then you have to wrap and pack so as to avoid damage in shipping. (hopefully)
    Then you have to ship.
    Then you have to wait and be sure the items were delivered successfully.

On and on it goes....I can understand why someone doesn't want to ship.

I have several drum sets that I want to sell and several buyers but to ship the kits is a gamble at best let alone the cost.

Just my take on it.

6. darth_ibis

darth_ibis

If you review the form 4473 you should be able to answer this question yourself:
    question 11. a. Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form?
    Warning: You are not the actual transferee/buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual transferee/buyer, the licensee cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.

I have found a few small gun shops that had used items I was looking for that didn't want to ship; however, they changed mind when I offered to pay them the typical transfer fees that my local FFLs charge for shipping items.