close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I used to know my Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 10MMGary, Jan 9, 2010.

1. 10MMGary

10MMGary

back when Glock had like 6 or 7 models. Now days evidently not so much:dunno:. I see the letters "SF" and the words "short frame" used when describing different Glocks, yet when I visit Glocks website I find no mention of either terms. So fill an old guy in, what gives with the SF or short framed Glocks people keep referring to?
    Thanks in advance,
    Gary

FWIW I have owned two model 20s two model 21s a 22 a 23 and a model 24(non-comped)in the past. I think I am most interested in a model 29 at this point.

2. NateHodge

NateHodge Here too much

Glocks website is behind. They never mess with it. The SF, or short frame, models are shorter from the backstrap to the trigger. It gives the larger framed guns such as the G20. G21, G29, and G30 a smaller feel.

3. blinddog

blinddog

SF Short Frame simply means that the distance from the back strap to the trigger has been shortened (they cut down the hump) I orriginally chose the G-21 over the 22 or 23 because it fit my hand better but a lot of people think it is to big. But that is why the SF models.
    FWIW I looked at a couple of SF's in 20 and 21 and a 30 they feel like the 19 or 17 to me and I found those to be way to small for me twenty years ago

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

5. 10MMGary

10MMGary

Thanks everyone, and another question. Will the original 10MM 15rd magazines function in all 10MM Glocks produced today?

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Yup, they should.

7. Mitch_Rapp.45

Mitch_Rapp.45

Yes they will, even though the new 10mm mags as well as many others are cut for the standard magazine release as well as the ambi release, GLOCK has no intention of making another ambi picatinny rail gun. That is the last I got from my regional sales director friend. Shot may change all that, but as I understand it all mages should fit the new SF models. Oddly enough, even though the 20 was one of the first few GLOCKs, they are only the second revision on the magazine bodies and followers. I believe 9/40 mags are on around 8 or 9. FWIW
    Lee

8. Apollo11

Apollo11

I've often wanted to know why would a company, as big as Glock, not update their site to show case their new guns? I mean really, they put out a damn annual, but can't show them off on the interwebs? Bunch of goofs, thank goodness for forums.

9. Mitch_Rapp.45

Mitch_Rapp.45

Why bother? It doesn't look like they are having problems selling them now. You can add a website to the list with better sights, ambi release on all models, interchangeable backstraps, different color slide and frames, a 10mm the size of the 36. I don't think their business line really cares about individual sales until those sales start to suffer.
    Lee

10. Apollo11

Apollo11

I agree 100%. The only thing that would drive a change is a need to due to sales. However, it's still silly to have a progression of the product and not be able to show it on the web. After all the OP is a perfect example of those who fall behind the line, and can't use the homepage to update his knowledge base.

11. Mitch_Rapp.45

Mitch_Rapp.45

I don't remember who or what vendor at what match told me so I won't pass this as a quote, but it went to the effect that GLOCK in a day, sells more guns than all 1911 manufacturers combined. While that might not be 100% accurate, given they are half the cost or less at local retailers, retain so much of their original value it is almost worth buying new and that they fill what I would believe is a larger portion of the military and LE contracts, I think it illustrated that numbers are there. I mean who are we kidding, I have a 23 year old GLOCK I wouldn't sell for less than 400$, and until the recent magazine price increase, have not raised their prices in the last 10 years I could buy handguns. Like them or not as a pistol, or a company... those slow speaking people down in Smyrna and the funny speaking people in Deutsch Wagram have figured out something others should be envious of.

12. jesse2205

jesse2205

Well put!!! :supergrin:

13. Mitch_Rapp.45

Mitch_Rapp.45

By the way, sorry for jacking this thread. I give it back.