Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
16,903 Posts
Weird thing, now that I've practiced with the scout scope on my Savage rifle, can shoot it just fine with both eyes open. A handgun of any way shape or form, looks like a shotgun blast.

·
Semper Fi
1,556 Posts
I shoot with both eyes. But I can’t just pull the weapon up and get good sight picture. For me it’s more of a squint to start and then I can focus everything in. I don’t know why I shoot with both eyes but I always have.

·
I'm not retired
7,873 Posts
I shoot with both eyes. But I can’t just pull the weapon up and get good sight picture. For me it’s more of a squint to start and then I can focus everything in. I don’t know why I shoot with both eyes but I always have.
You better learn some instinct shooting, then, 'cause you're pushing up daisies if you have to go through all that to get acquired.

·
Registered
16,903 Posts
When focussing on the target, how many front sights do you see, with both eyes open? I see two, but that could just be due to my astigmatism.

And yes, that even happens on the rare occasions I am sober.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I need more practice :)
Actually you are doing real good. Continue shooting with both eyes open. A big reason is if you are in a situation where you have to draw a weapon, having both eyes open will help prevent 'tunnel vision'.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
You better learn some instinct shooting, then, 'cause you're pushing up daisies if you have to go through all that to get acquired.
harold has a good point. What I would add is:

Practiced presentations and/or firing from the 'high compressed ready' position.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Sorry, I'd rather get killed in a shoot out than look that silly :)

This guy will have his handgun taken away and then executed by the bad guy.

I have CCW for 40 years. Shoot outs never are like movies or TV. Bad guy will never shoot it out, watch for ambush, shot from behind and/or high ground or the worst case scenario is execution of witnesses in a 'take over' robbery. Be safe my friend.

Reactions: Pierre!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Looks like me when I attempt Point Shooting ! (At close in I think it's a valuable tool)

·
Registered
8,313 Posts

This guy will have his handgun taken away and then executed by the bad guy.
Only if he stands there like a statue and the instructor does some choreographed technique on a non resisting training partner. See it in many so called reality based martial arts all the time.

Usually by people trying to make a buck selling the latest and greatest new system. It's not all BS, but often times is.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts