I took my Civil Service Exam tonight.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by myesque, Oct 25, 2010.

1. myesque

myesque

I took the exam tonight. It was really interesting, and defiantly not what I was expecting. I feel I did fairly well, I know I missed one for sure. Though I probably missed a few more.
    Anyone know what score you need to be considered for an interview? I am hoping for a shot at either a deputy sherif position or a correctional officer position.
    Any insight would be great!
    I have been told to get all of my old addresses I have ever lived at, any job I have held, old teachers names and numbers, personal and professional references,etc....
    I have been pushing for my fitness levels to be up to par.

(I am sorry if there are miss spellings in this post, I do have dyslexia. Sorry)

2. jp3975

jp3975

Wrong forum...this would do much better in cop talk.

I dont know if it varies but I think you have to make 75 or 80.

You need to get a copy of everything youve ever done. Marriage license, divorce papers, college and HS transcripts, court documents from cases you may have been involved with[like bankruptcy, etc], list of your traffic violations.

Physical tests vary. TTPD is easy as it gets. Run a short course with the hardest thing being getting over a 6ft fence. Very few people fail. TAPD on the other hand makes you run a mile in x amount of time as well as other strenuous excercise for those ill prepared.

Good luck.

3. myesque

myesque

Sorry for putting it in the wrong spot, if a mod could move it that would be great. Thanks

4. jp3975

jp3975

I guess its not necissarily the wrong forum, but you'll likely get a lot better responce on coptalk.

5. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Damn, That sounds tougher than joining the Army. :supergrin:

6. jp3975

jp3975

Application process may be tougher...but at least you can quit or change jobs whenever you're ready. And no going to over seas hell holes.

Id likely join the military if I didnt have to commit several years to it.

For me, I hate being tied down to a 6 month lease.:rofl:

...I'll stay longer but I like options.

I would have actually already joined USCG if they had guarunteed school for Intel and i could get in. I STILL may if I cant find a semi-local police job pretty soon and hope I can get Intel later.