close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

i thought this was dumb/funny

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by -, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Guest

so today i thought i would ask my mother about her views on gun ownership, and boy was that a mistake. lets put it this way, i found out that she is very anti gun ownership, with no real reason to back her claim. she threw out all the typical responses like, "guns kill people" and so on. then i got called a nazi somehow!!!! i dont know how she worked that into the mix, but i give her points for being creativly stupid.

ps. i brought it up because she was telling me about these nannies that have been abducted in our area, and from stores that i frequently visit. she said to me, "be really safe when you go out because there are bad people out there".

well, i guess i learned something from this conversation with her: she is completely ignorant about guns and any issues involving them, and i should not consider becoming a nanny in south florida.

sorry if this was too boring for anyone

2. ElectricZombie

ElectricZombie

That's funny. My Mom isn't anti-gun, but she doesn't understand why I carry. She once asked "Why do you need to carry a gun?" to which I replied "I case I need to shoot someone."

3. neeko

neeko

My mom begs me everyday to buy her a gun... ;P

4. Guest

i like when she asked you if you had bought a new gun for the day...

5. Junkyard Dawg

Junkyard Dawg

:) A couple years ago my mother, (then 75) looked over my 1911 and my 4" S&W 629 and commented on how the 1911 would fit in her purse much nicer. Old dad would be proud!

6. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

My mother is proud of me.

She understands the importance of being polite and well-spoken, but also understands that, in this day and age, it is important that you have a plan for killing anyone you might meet who means to do you bodily harm.

Not bad for a 60ish Iowegian who votes Dem and has never owned a firearm.

I guess I trained her right!