close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I thought peddlers weren't welcome here

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by smoke, Mar 10, 2006.

1. smoke

smoke

I was under the impression that users that only came here to peddle their wares were not welcome unless they were contributors. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there's several people who only make posts in the want ads, either selling (mostly) or buying (to resell?). I thought there was a rule on this, but can't find it.

2. BRW

BRW

I was under the impression that the mods took care of that kind of stuff??

3. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

All the mods are in Vegas.

4. fabricator

fabricator Got Biodiesel?

Kewl! Lets get blotto and trash the place;f

5. axel

axel Nov. 11, 1918

Are they all getting liquored up again?;f

6. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

I don't even MIND the ads that are from paying contributors. Maybe they'd put something to that effect in their sig, or get a littul gold glock or something on their avatar? I just don't like being spammed freelance, i'd like to know they're paying dues for the privilege.

now, that said,.. uh, i ain't famous for heaping wads of money on eric, so don't think i got Much room to talk.

but i ain't tryina sell things daily, neither. if they're doing it legit, i'd like to be able to tell. Please. Thank You. :)

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Some of the people that are listing guns and parts like crazy are I HOPE, contributing a little something to the site.

None of the most blatant ones have the "GT" contributor, and based on what a few are selling, it would appear that some are FFLs with their own storefronts.

I have to give kudos to Mark Kitterman. The first time I saw one of his listings, he was giving Eric $5 for every gun he sold on GT, as well as a $5 discount to GT members.

There are a few others that do similiar things. Pardon my omissions.

'Drew

8. smoke

smoke

See, not even a response from a Mod, nobody cares!

9. nickg

nickg

HEY...i'm selling some cheap women. anybody in? ? ?

10. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

WalterGA was an avid pedaler. And we all saw pix of his legs to prove it.

11. fabricator

fabricator Got Biodiesel?

Awww Gaddd Dennis;g I had almost healed up mentally from that horrendous experience.

12. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Smoke, if you really care about this, why don't you email Eric with the info? Whining about it in a post isn't going to get any attention.

13. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

Smoke, there is a section in the Front Office where you should post questions like these.

I'll notify the GNG mods to move your thread to the Front Office where Eric, Patricia or Eddie will answer you.

GT Support Forum
    If you have a question, comment or complaint about how this forum is run, or how something works, please post it here. This is a semi-private forum. You will only be able to see the threads you start and the mods and admins will be able to see your threads and reply to them. you will be able to see our replies and your own, in your own threads.

14. smoke

smoke

Because Eric has never answered any email I ever sent him. I've been ripped-off by people on this site, he does nothing (they're still here). There's not even a formal feed-back forum. Besides, I wanted to call attention to how little real policing there is.

15. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Can you provide any specific details about what "peddling" you have run across? Links would be appreciated. Feel free to PM them to me.

16. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Moving this...

17. smoke

smoke

PM Sent! There'll be more.

18. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

PM received. Post the rest here. For the sake of the staff here, below is a copy/paste of Smoke's PM to me. I told him I was posting it here since the only ones who could see this thread were the site staff and Smoke.

19. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

I have never said that 'peddlers' aren't welcome in the Classified Ads forums. I don't want commercial ad posts on the rest of the site, but that prohibition never applied to classified ads. The posting rules in the Classified Ads forums will be modified, when the paid tier launches, so that there will be a limit to the number of new threads different member levels will be able to to post in the classified ads forums. Even then, commercial posting won't be against the rules, but they will be required to pay for the privilege. Eric

20. smoke

smoke

Since Eric evidently doesn't have a problem with Dealers hijacking the site, HTH can I have a problem with it? I'll save myself some time and drop it.

What I'd like more than anything is a REAL Feed-Back forum, like ARFCOM has. It offers the advantage of pressure being applied to resolve issues or users get booted. Smart Shopper ain't working, cause nobody reads it. I've gotten screwed on numerous deals on GT and if I can't resolve it myself, I just chalk it up to the experience. BTW, those people still come here.