close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I thought I was going to buy another glock, BUT...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by OHGLOCK, Jun 8, 2006.

1. OHGLOCK

OHGLOCK

...after putting an XD45 in my hand last week (just to look at), it felt so much better than my G21, I think I have to buy one now. If it shoots anywhere near my Glock, I will be happy with it.
    The lifetime warranty isn't such a bad deal either.

2. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Exactly my experience, I went shopping for a Glock and came home with an XD.

3. Mr King

Mr King XD40 Service

I went to the Gunshow with an open mind. Never have owning a handgun before.

I looked up all the info I could find on each different kinds of handguns...and found a Ton or People who love the Glock. Some that like the HK and a few beretta lovers. I was interested in finding something that felt good in my hand, as well as something I would feel comfortable with in case of a SHTF problem came up.

After holding the Glocks, and the HK's (which i did like btw), and the Beretta PX4 (not bad) As well as the other numerous types, I found myself purchsing a XD40 Service.

I couldnt be happier about that purchase.:)

4. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

You will not be disappointed in the XD-45's performance. IMO, my XD-45 Tactical shoots just as well as my G21. Additionally, if you get a chance, pickup the July '06 copy of S.W.A.T. magazine. There is a really good article in there on the XD-45 Tactical.

5. hogship

hogship Patriot Extraordinaire

With me, I never owned a Glock because they never did fit my hand.
    Also, I did have an anti-plastic attitude, but it was inevitable that I'd step into the realm of plastic, eventually. That is, when it seemed right to me.....the Glock didn't, so I didn't! I've always been satisfied with my 1911, so I was in no hurry.

Now I'm hopelessly hooked on my XD45. Am I the only one on GT, or are there others whom the XD made a "plastic convert" out of?

Sooner or later, this will pass, too.....as soon as something better comes along....and, I have no doubt that the evolution of handguns has that in store for us.

hog