Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else get this? I get it about once a week.

I then advise them to use that in court as they receive their citation.

But it's happened to me every night the last 3 nights. Hmmm.

·
IWannaBeSedated
11,448 Posts
No.

But for some reason it absolutely pisses my wife off when squad car is scooting down the road with lights on, but no siren.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By lights I mean headlights in this context. Probably wasn't clear now that I read it.

Sometimes you have to get there but don't want the bad guys to run off!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nighttime.

·
IWannaBeSedated
11,448 Posts
By lights I mean headlights in this context. Probably wasn't clear now that I read it.

Sometimes you have to get there but don't want the bad guys to run off!
Oh. Well. Yes, I missed that LOL

I did have a complaint a long time ago about running an alley at night with no headlights on. Well, they were off until I found the guy off to the side of a party taking a **** in the bushes. It was upon noticing him that I engaged every light on the squad and gave him the spotlight too.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ive been told that running stationary radar at night with no headlights is "Entrapment". I got a chuckle as I explained the cite. Another time, these two chuckleheads thought they were lawyers and said they would take me to court because I wasnt stopped. They believed there was no such thing as moving radar :rofl:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This will really burn the tinfoil hatters. I once needed to sneak up on a location for a burglary in progress. I drove up to the location with all lights off and a PVS 14 night vision scope strapped to my head. It worked very well and its covered by my policy, even on a highway.

·
Heavy Mettle
3,776 Posts
This will really burn the tinfoil hatters. I once needed to sneak up on a location for a burglary in progress. I drove up to the location with all lights off and a PVS 14 night vision scope strapped to my head. It worked very well and its covered by my policy, even on a highway.
I suppose if strapped to your head it counts as a hat... :tbo:

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is awesome.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You drive around with your lights off? I'll bet you don't wear a hat either. Shameful.
I don't use probably cause....ever.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah, I got it all the time too. It doesnt help that OSP has there's on all the time, so everyone thinks we do too.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It happened to me in 1998 in court and I remember it well

I was working mids and was parked in a parking lot at a closed business with the headlights off. A car ran the red light at the intersection the lot was at and he got stopped and ticketed.

He represented himself at court and we went to trial. He questioned me about the car's lights being off and I answered they were. He then tried to sum up and explain to the judge that it was entrapment. The judge actually laughed at him from the bench, and then found him guilty.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have heard people ask many times about the headlights/running lights. I think its a department thing.

If in a closed for business parking lot at night we dont use lights. If just off a roadway, we use our running lights.

I bet some people just hate the blacked out steath cars.

We had some cars decked out with extra reflective stickers, you could see them at any angle from any distance with just a small amount of light...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts