close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I think the NFA is Unconstitutional

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kingarthurhk, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

In California, the following Penal code sections provide strict construction for arrests by anyone:

837. A private person may arrest another:

For a public offense committed or attempted in his/her presence.
    When the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in his presence.
    When a felony has been in fact committed, and he or she has reasonable cause for believing the person arrested to have committed it.

839. Any person making an arrest may orally summon as many persons as he/she deems necessary to aid him/her therein.

841. The person making the arrest must inform the person to be arrested of the intention to arrest him, of the cause of the arrest, and the authority to make it, except when the person making the arrest has reasonable cause to believe that the person to be arrested is actually engaged in the commission of or an attempt to commit an offense, or the person to be arrested is pursued immediately after its commission, or after an escape. The person making the arrest must, on request of the person he is arresting, inform the latter of the offense for which he is being arrested.

844. To make an arrest, a private person, if the offense is a felony, and in all cases a peace officer, may break open the door or window of the house in which the person to be arrested is, or in which they have reasonable grounds for believing the person to be, after having demanded admittance and explained the purpose for which admittance is desired.

845. Any person who has lawfully entered a house for the purpose of making an arrest, may break open the door or window thereof if detained therein, when necessary for the purpose of liberating himself, and an officer may do the same, when necessary for the purpose of liberating a person who, acting in his aid, lawfully entered for the purpose of making an arrest, and is detained therein.

846. Any person making an arrest may take from the person arrested all offensive weapons which he may have about his person, and must deliver them to the magistrate before whom he is taken.

847. (a) A private person who has arrested another for the commission of a public offense must, without unnecessary delay, take the person arrested before a magistrate, or deliver him or her to a peace officer. (b) There shall be no civil liability on the part of, and no cause of action shall arise against, any peace officer or federal criminal investigator or law enforcement officer described in subdivision (a) or (d) of Section 830.8, acting within the scope of his or her authority, for false arrest or false imprisonment arising out of any arrest under any of the following circumstances:(1) The arrest was lawful, or the peace officer, at the time of the arrest, had reasonable cause to believe the arrest was lawful.(2) The arrest was made pursuant to a charge made, upon reasonable cause, of the commission of a felony by the person to be arrested.(3) The arrest was made pursuant to the requirements of Section 142, 837, 838, or 839.

Since police are comprised of private citizens... it applies to them as well. The are not above the law and should not be beyond reproach either.

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

Trust the state that much? What does that mean? Nothing wrong with being vigilant, but being overly so can lead to it's own issues. I trust the American people who are in fact the "state", when I will react differently when I lose that trust.

For example;

I don't fear our military because of who is in it, those people I trust not to turn on the citizens of America is some hypothetical government oppression of freedom and liberty. If that ever changes then my views on other matters might as well.

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Just an example I gave, all the codes and such are not needed for that point. I simply meant that we (society) empower LEO with abilities we do not ourself have.

As for the weapons and lack of restrictions regarding them for LEOs I was speaking about the weapons the police force issues not about personal firearms of LEOs.

Just felt I was not clear in my earlier post about this. :wavey:

4. Ruggles

Ruggles

What does "no longer" mean? It has always been a system where money, power and position carry influence. Nothing new there. It's human nature, and the same everywhere in the world.

Seems to me that there is a lot of money to be made selling all of these various weapon systems commercially. Contact some of the companies making them and form a lawsuit using their resources :wavey:

5. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

:rofl:

I love your sarcasm Dana. Petition our overlords for the restoration of our rights. Funny stuff.

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Yeah why use the legal and political system system in place to air your grievances when you can just keep moaning and groaning on anonymous internet forums about them :rofl:

7. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Legal system? Seriously? Are you talking about the people that rewrote an unconstitutional law as a tax to make it constitutional? Is that the legal system that you are talking about?

8. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

What planet are you living on? The costs are prohibitive for the common citizen. Just to retain a lawyer to BEGIN actions would break my account for like... the rest of my life. The legal system you seem to be so proud of is part of the problem as well. There is no justice in this nation except for those that can pay.

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

:crying:

Point me towards a better legal system, anywhere in the world. It's not perfect by a long shot (few things involving men are) but what system would you prefer?

All some of you want to do is moan and groan about how horrible, evil and corrupt things are but don't seem to want to do anything at all to try and fix the system you say is so broken. :tongueout:

10. Ruggles

Ruggles

Ever see those Charlie Brown cartoons where his teacher is talking to the class?

Yeah that is pretty much what I hear when I read your post.....

Your points are just are not coherent...maybe in your mind they are but by time they make it to your fingers they are all over the place.....

And yeah the legal system:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457138

Seems it works from time to time.....

At least you are not accusing me of wanting to secretly kill innocents in some mass killing anymore because I do not share you exact views on the 2nd A .....:rofl:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  11. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Just quoting your own words. Maybe it's time to quit listening to the voices in your head.

12. Ruggles

Ruggles

Nice effective bone cutting response, I guess I know where I stand now :rofl:

Honestly you can have the last word when you respond to this post, I am done with responding to your incoherent babble. You win. :wavey:

13. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

State's have their own "malita" or gaurd. New Mexico has them, Texas has them. They are well regulated in that they are uniformed, have a ranking sytem, and their own armories of "scary NFA things".

Arms means weapons. The kind the folks had durring this period was military grade.

Sure you can eat pizza, but only the end crusts, with no topings, sauce, or cheese. I haven't infringed on your ability to enjoy pizza have I? Because, technically I left you the crust ends after I was done.

I guess for the permanently baffled who don't undertand history and have to move their mouth when they read.

No, politicians with agendas. Why do you think it is hotly contested who gets to place justices? Because, they intepret based on their own political agendas and the Constitution be damned.

14. dogmower

dogmower

does anyone on this post realize that a fully automatic weapon, by and large, is much less effective than a semi-automatic one? every weapons expert carries that same opinion. when the government decided on extreme regulation of full auto weapons, remember that decision was made as a knee-jerk reaction to the crimes of the day, Capone, et. al., and not made by experts. i think a reasonable devision line between a machine gun and a grenade can be made without invoking the "slippery slope" argument. what say others?

15. Ruggles

Ruggles

I would agree to there is indeed a line between a FA AR15 and a grenade. It is a point to start a debate IMO.

16. nmstew

nmstew

This is an interesting analogy. The more I think about it, the more I love it!

17. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

Some people own and fly vintage aircraft, such P-51's, P-38's etc., not to mention B-25 bombers and the like. Any strafing going on in the news.

However, there are household chemicals, that can be used in making explosives. If your intentions are to kill, you'll find a way.

We need to protect our selfs against oppression. I know, good luck with that one.

18. Ruggles

Ruggles

Those classic aircraft do not have active weapons. I don't see how that is relevant to this matter. As for household chemicals, that build your own point has already been made and debated.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  19. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Hmmm, not that hard for someone that owns the aircraft to put active weapons in. The simple fact is the people that own them are responsible like about 98% of the rest of the weapons owning private citizens.

There will always be loons that will misuse their rights and deprive others of theirs. But that is part of the price of freedom and liberty. And in a truly free society the armed citizen that has no intent of harming others stands a better chance of stopping someone than those who are unarmed.

But the whole intention and point of the 2nd Amendment was to ensure the citizen had the capability and power to keep the federal government in check should they step out of line. This intent has been covered in numerous documents created by the authors.

20. Pilotdude3407

Pilotdude3407

It really isn't all that outdated. The 2nd amendment was created to protect the people from a tyrannical government. It was intended so the general a population would be able to fight off a threatening government...like Britain. Just because the weapon systems then were very basic doesn't mean it becomes invalid now. IF we ever had to fight the federal government we would essentially be at a disadvantage because they are allowed to own things we are not. The bottom line is, the government does not trust individuals with such massive fire power. It is sad we have gotten here, especially since in the big scheme of things, this is not that big of a deal. (I.e. cars kill more people than guns, so do doctors, so do a lot of things)