close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I think the NFA is Unconstitutional

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kingarthurhk, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Ruggles

Ruggles

These kind of guys imagine themselves as some kind of true American patriots, anybody who disagrees with them is the enemy of America. They have no concept that they live in a society that demands compromise, compromise which is facilitated by that society. They of course willing take advantage of living in that society everyday while cursing it to no end daily. You can not expect a reasonable response from them.

Same idiots who most likely were calling for succession after Obama was reelected. Who cares that it was a lawful legal election, the results they did not agree with so it was grounds for succession. :upeyes:

2. Ruggles

Ruggles

:rofl:

Check back a few post on this thread, I clearly said I do not favor any limits on magazine capacity.

I do favor bans on things like SAMs that can kill 100s and 100s of people from the hands of any old idiot on a whim.

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

No I fear what nutjobs, terrorist (domestic or foreign), pissed off postal workers, drunk rednecks or bored 16 years kids etc might do with one.

Now if that makes me psychotic as you are implying then I am guilty. :wavey:

Funny you don't trust you fellow American in the government but you do trust your fellow Americans with weapons that can kill 100s of people at a time. :dunno:

4. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

I really don't understand why not as you use the same logic as Dianne Feinstein.

5. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I think everyone should be allowed to have sarin, VX and smallpox bacillus. HH

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Because like most adults I can rationalize and make judgements based on specifics regarding each individual matter. Children see things in absolutes, simple black and white with nothing in between. That is not the rational that went into the founding documents during their creation. Why should it be the mindset we have to use in regards to them now?

I can and do support federal bans on things like SAMs while not supporting them on magazine capacity, barrel length, detachable magazines etc...I don't see this in absolutes.

7. Ruggles

Ruggles

Absolutely. I mean what is the difference between that and a nut job having a Ruger Mini14 when they go off :whistling:

:rofl:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  8. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

No you don't see things in absolutes, you just see things that you fear and those that you do not.

9. Ruggles

Ruggles

I do see things I fear and things I do not. But I rationalize it. I fear crime, I carry a gun because of that but I do not live like a hermit in my house afraid to go out of it because of the risk of crime.

I might fear a oppressive government, I fear a nut job going off at my local airport much more. Therefor the SA7 I might use against that oppressive government I will sacrifice the right to own so I do not have to worry nearly as much about the nut job. If you disagree fine, no problem. If you get enough people to disagree then you can change the laws, otherwise you abide by them. Simple stuff :)

Now somebody break out the "he who would sacrifice liberty for safety" quote. :tongueout:

10. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I would agree with you. :whistling:

11. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

I guess history is not your strong suit.

12. Ruggles

Ruggles

How so?

Nothing like firing off cheap shots with no substance :tongueout:

13. racerford

racerford

Governments have proved themselves by killing far more people than any individual nutjob with any individual weapon.

I notice that you ignored my question of why you cared if a guy in Nevada with 1000 acres had RPGs and shot his Cacti with them everyday?

I have offered compromises on how people could have their Constitutional allowed arms, and still protect the public safety. Your compromises focus on being as restrictive as practical. Mine focus on responsible use and storage.

The differences between explosives, and atomic bombs and toxins (chemical and biological) is that explosives have a defined and controllable zone of destruction, just like firearms. Atomic bombs and toxins (air or water borne) do not. The toxins go where ever the wind and water take them. Same with atomic fallout. Atomic bombs take considerable maintenance as well.

No on as far as I has said that one should be able to buy any type of explosive anywhere no matter your age. Maybe some do, I don't

However you should know one gallon of gasoline has the explosive power of 6 sticks of Dynamite. Do you feel safer with your car parked in your garage?

Our Constitution is about freedoms from government restrictions because of what we might do. It is about allowing us freedoms until we DO something to hurt others, THEN punishing us.

If you are a man, you probably have a male sex organ. If so I think you should be put in jail or have it removed so you won't rape hundreds of women. It's for the women and the children, so you should volunteer for it. Probably should do the same with your hands. That way you couldn't hold a gun or a knife that you could kill 10's or hundred of people. Do it for the children.

You want protection from what people might do. I want protection from accidents. Deliberate acts cannot reliably be stopped over time. With enough persistent people and enough time they will succeed.

I personally think we should mandate better driver training. It would likely save more lives that would be lost by eliminating the NFA. I am willing to take that trade-off.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  14. countsk

countsk

I carry select fire weapons on duty and I should be able to carry/own them off duty if I desire. The weapons that I can physically bear on duty then I should be able to bear them off duty. When you hit crew served weapons then that's a different story. I don't have the answers but I think the NFA is too stringent.

15. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

This.

16. Bruce M

Bruce M

Could it be he sees some things that he fears more than others and some things that he fears sometimes with some people but not with others? Or is it strictly just things that one fears and things that one does not fear?

17. HexHead

HexHead

Given that the intention of the 2nd amendment was to ensure the means to resist a tyrannical government, then yes. The citizens should be as well armed as their potential oppressors, the military.

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

Notwithstanding the imminent demise of the Second Amendment because it is not allowed to go to Walmart and buy a MANPADS , there are far more people who can carry a concealed firearm than at any other time in our history. When the Constitution was signed there were about 3.9 million people in the US, and if everyone owned both a musket and a handgun (my guess unlikely) I would bet that there are more guns now in just Texas or just Florida alone than there were in the entire nation then. Just the number of permitees in Florida, Georgia, and Indiana amounts to about half of the entire population of the nation in 1787. My guess is that number of people who owned more than one rifle or more than one handgun in the US in 1787 was miniscule; nowadays it is certainly not unusual for a guy to own several guns. A big part of this is economics. Couple the substantial increase in discretionary income with the incredible improvements in communications since 1787, coupled with the fact that there are a dozen different handguns with a scope that would be more effective at 100 yards than would be a musket in 1787, along with the number of people who own guns in the US and oddly I do not feel that the Second Amendment is in any immediate jeopardy despite the fact that a guy can't go to Tractor Supply and buy a mine.

19. HexHead

HexHead

Never heard of "Privateers"? We had more of them than Navy warships.

20. HexHead

HexHead

Yeah, that's why we've been fighting goat herders for the last 11 years and we'll be leaving with our tail between our legs.